Juan Gonzalez Online

Juan Gonzalez Online (http://www.juangone.com/home.php)
-   Juan Gonzalez (http://www.juangone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   variations - are we missing any? (http://www.juangone.com/showthread.php?t=704)

538 03-13-2010 03:54 PM

variations - are we missing any?

Check out the outdated web site for Frank Thomas. This guy put a great amount of time explaining the differences in cards. Does any of his work apply to Gonzalez that we may have overlooked?

http://www.frankthomascollection.com...Checklist.html

nosterbor 03-13-2010 05:25 PM

i am glad you brought this up!!!! i did before to Mike and he refuse's to add them. case in point the 90 donruss has 6 variation's a period and no period after the copy right on the back upper right.the lines going into the name on top of the card etc. he said some thing to the effect of COFFEE STAINS!!!!!! I also have the 91 stadium variation of the c/d before the copy right.the c is the rarest,i only looked at 20 cards and have 2 c's.but then again it could be COFFEE STAINS OR COOKIE CRUMS!I WILL NOT WAIST MY TIME SCANNING THESE BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT BE ADDED!any die hard Juan collector would look for these type's of card's.THERE ARE ONLY 3 OF US LEFT!i am done adding scans of ANYTHING. i am still going through the guy list and will add these to MY list.so far i have found 4.very cool thanks,Dan!when i am done i will let YOU know.

adelith 03-14-2010 08:32 AM

Well, I would like to see them, Can you scanned them and send them to me via email?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosterbor (Post 5780)
i am glad you brought this up!!!! i did before to Mike and he refuse's to add them. case in point the 90 donruss has 6 variation's a period and no period after the copy right on the back upper right.the lines going into the name on top of the card etc. he said some thing to the effect of COFFEE STAINS!!!!!! I also have the 91 stadium variation of the c/d before the copy right.the c is the rarest,i only looked at 20 cards and have 2 c's.but then again it could be COFFEE STAINS OR COOKIE CRUMS!I WILL NOT WAIST MY TIME SCANNING THESE BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT BE ADDED!any die hard Juan collector would look for these type's of card's.THERE ARE ONLY 3 OF US LEFT!i am done adding scans of ANYTHING. i am still going through the guy list and will add these to MY list.so far i have found 4.very cool thanks,Dan!when i am done i will let YOU know.

538 03-14-2010 02:48 PM

Me too. I am interested.

Gonzaleznut 03-18-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosterbor (Post 5780)
THERE ARE ONLY 3 OF US LEFT!

By the way, who are the three that are left?

nosterbor 03-19-2010 01:44 AM

"I am glad now that I collect Pudge"

this has been on ebay for 2 weeks and you do not have it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

ohhhh so sorry you do not collect coffee stained cards!

Gonzaleznut 03-19-2010 01:09 PM

You are right. I do not consider that to be a legit Juan card...AND even if I did, I would not pay $15 with shipping for it.

I collect both Juan and Pudge. If you look at items I have bid on you will notice that I am also buying a lot of different stuff to expand my collection.

nosterbor 03-19-2010 06:56 PM

you are right paying 18 bucks for a tough Juan card is high.
i guess this one was high also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

ohhhhh it is a gold! a Griffey Jr sold 2 weeks ago for $93 and was listed as a gold. you could have won this for the $18 shipped.but then again you could not tell it was a gold,i could.
i am so glad i collect Variations! it what makes collecting even BETTER. the thrill of the hunt.

538 03-24-2010 04:20 AM

More variations:
1990 Bowman 1st printing/2nd printing: airbushed uniforms, backgrounds
1990 Bowman Art Cards: single or double asterisk on back (* or **)
1990 Donruss INC/INC. : in copyright on back
1990 Donruss Splatter variations: factory and wax/rack/cello versions differ
1990 Donruss Grand Slammers: with or without black bars in back borders
1990 Fleer All-Stars: text cropping variations on back
1990 Fleer Baseball MVP's: Thick black line/bar at top of photo/border
1990 Fleer Canadian: copyright on back notes being printed in Canada on this limited release
1990 Topps Traded: Gray backs (wax) or White box (factory)
1990 Topps Traded: single or double asterisk on back (* or **)
1990 Upper Deck No Copyright: cards #101-199 with or without copyright line on back
1991 Bowman E*: players with E** print designations can be found with E**, E*, E * variations.
1991 Donruss INC/INC. Noticeable by the lighter and darker cardstock
1991 Donruss Border variations: Factory and wax/rack/cello versions differ
1991 Donruss Grand Slammers: Blue and Green borders
1991 Donruss Grand Slammers: Blue bordered cards have three different varieties
1991 Fleer: due to use of 2 different printers, each card comes in two versions, most very minor
1991 Stadium Club: most (possibly all) cards come in 2 different print designations (ex: A* and B*)
1991 Topps A* and B*: all cards with this print designation come in either bold red 40th or dull/ghosted 40th logo on back
1991 Topps Traded: Gray backs (wax) or White backs (factory)
1991 Topps Traded: single or double asterisk on back (* or **) (gray backs only)
1991 Upper Deck: Holograms on back come in four different ways: 90-91-style (used for hi# 90-91 Hockey), 1990-baseball style (used for 1990 UD baseball), 1991-style (used for many 1991 UD products) and in 1992 style (used on 1992 UD, 1991-92 Hi # NBA/NFL and NHL).
1991 US Playing Card All Stars: US copyright, International Copyright and US Copyright/Silver Edged versions exist.
1992 Bowman E*: E* sheet players can be found in an E variation (no asterisk).
1992 Bowman Foil: All the non-"SP" foils come in two different photo croppings.
1992 Donruss INC/INC.
1992 Investors Journals: Blue, Gold, Purple borders
1992 Leaf INC/INC.
1992 Leaf Black Gold: Some, possibly all can be found in INC and INC. versions
1992 Score Dream Team: Backs face left or right
1992 Score #736-776: Come with or without the "rookie prospect" banner on front
1992 Stadium Club: most (possibly all) cards come in 2 different print designations (ex: A* and B*)
1992 Topps McDonald's : single asterisk or double asterisk (* or **)
1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Future Foundation: Silver Sig cards can be found with base-white lettering on front or with appropriate silver lettering on front.
1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Future Foundation: first letter in text on back can be found in white or gray color.
1994 SP Foils: come in either white names on back or gold/bronze names on back
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond: some, possibly all series 1 cards come in a "silver" version where the stat heading bar on back is silver instead or bronze
1995 Stadium Club Foil Subsets (Transactions/Extreme Corps): Minimum of 4 different color varieties.
1997 Score Hobby Reserve: HR prefix to number and no prefix types exist.
1997 Upper Deck Capture the Flag: some, possibly all cards in this subset come in either white or gold backs
1998 Finest Mystery Finest: Base, refractor number identified with 'R', Refractor number identified with 'Refractor', Refractor identified with 'R' with no refraction
2004 Topps Series 2: Some cards can be found with "53 Years of Collecting" stamped on front under name.

adelith 03-24-2010 05:33 AM

Thank you so much for posting the list. Please if anybody found any of the applicable difference on a Juan Gonzalez card Please let me know to added it to the list.
Thank you very much!