View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor19 View Post
I realize many people collect different ways and for different reasons. But as a collector, I could never understand how collectors would spend hundreds of dollars on a baseball card, but would pass on buying a piece of game used memorabilia from their favorite player. A piece that their favorite player wore during an official baseball game.

As a collector, wouldn't you also like to have a piece of game used memorabilia from your favorite player, to add to your collection of baseball cards?

Your thoughts?

Regards, Tony
unless you have it on VIDEO receving the game used item from that player,and having him put a special mark on that item,it is not game used to me! and even then!you can have all the certs in the world from even the Pope! and it would not mean any thing to me.how many bats does a player use in a season? 5-6 at the most so a great player will use less than 100 bats in a life time! there are 1000'S of Juan bats out there! and by the way batting practice is not game used! nor is spring training! even if Juan came up to me and gave me a pair of cleats he said he used in a game,well? he would have to have done it coming off the field in a game! so you see GAME USED is very cagey to me! just like the game used cards and bats. are they really!?