Thread: Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009
Rookie Member

Default ARod

As a 1993-2000 ARod collector, I am a bit disappointed how things worked out today, but I do have to say it's always been in the back of my mind that he probably used steroids. The effects on his body were much more subtle than with Barry Bonds, but you could notice a difference between the Mariners years and the Texas years. I always hoped that it was just a change in workout habits, but that was probably just "denial hope".

Bonds has always been a grade-A jerk and a lot of the criticism and animosity that he faces were brought on by himself. At least ARod admitted he used steroids - it makes Bonds' arrogance even more laughable. Will baseball fans forgive ARod? Perhaps. Unlike Bonds, he had a lot of people pulling for him, and I don't think all of them will jump off the bandwagon. However, there will definitely be those writers and voters for the Hall who will never vote for him. I may be biased, but I do think he should get in the Hall, provided he has some continued success. And even though I sound incredibly anti-Bonds, I actually think the sad truth is that Bonds WAS one of the best players in the game even without the 'roids.

Time will tell if ARod's decision to admit use will help - I think it will in the long run. I actually am curious to know what Rangers fans think about ARod. He was only a Ranger for three years, but I am sure that it was enough time for fans to develop an opinion one way or another. Let me know your opinions, guys!