View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanfan19 View Post
ah, they're just holders. I personally prefer the toploaders and penny sleeves, as they are the safest way to store them.

Screw downs may look nice, but they aren't very safe. I've noticed many times the glossy cards stick to the holders, and in worst cases get crushed.
amen to that! with tape on top to pinch it shut on the top so the card will not move.you could throw it at a brick wall and it will not hurt the card! try that with a screw down and it flys apart,guess what the card looks like then!but screw downs are good if you run them over with a car or try to stick them with a fork.they are not water proof.do not have one in your top shirt pocket and bend over a toilet! they are not good for that.the tape on the top of the top load keeps the water out! and do not let the dog get a hold of the top load,not nice! over all i have to say the top load hands down! one more thing top loads and sleeves have uv stablizers in the plastic.screw downs do not. how many yellow brown tops loads have you seen and the card still is mint!

Last edited by nosterbor; 09-17-2008 at 07:23 AM. Reason: more