Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 07-28-2007
Contributing Member

Cards: 107

Freddie,
I know you have mentioned creating an Oddball section for items that don't seem to belong on the list, and I have an idea about an easy way to do that, maybe. How about adding a "Miscellaneous" section to the list like it was another year? Then, we could move all the magnets, pins, posters, photographs, action figures, lunchboxes, etc. to that page and leave the 1987-2006 pages for just the mainstream, error, and promo cards. This way, the items under Miscellaneous would still count toward someone's total, but we could also see how many non-cards are part of someone's total. I think it would also curb the number of debates about whether items should be added to the list -- if it is not exactly a card, then it goes under Miscellaneous. I'm sure there are some negatives to this plan that I haven't thought of yet, but what do you think?
Old 07-28-2007
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

I think I can make that work. Would just have to move the item's "Year" into the title fields as the actual Year as far as the list is concerned would be "Miscellaneous".

I'll see what I can do on Monday. With this, we wouldn't have as nearly as much disagreement as anything with Juan on it could just be stuck on the Misc list.

We could even have more than one Misc list if we want to define it even further. Any thoughts on that?

We could have a section just for other player's card that Juan appears on. What is the most of these that someone has?
Old 07-28-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

Default The 1991 Star Co. The Future

We have all cards listed of course as they should be. But really they are not numbered to 1000 but they came in a set numbered to 1000, like the one I just scanned. I'm not saying the set should be entered as an addition. But somehow I think the scan should be added as I'm sure some collectors keep them in their original bag. Plus they know what they are looking at if they see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	future.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	324  
Old 07-28-2007
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Those used to be listed as a set and I would have no problem moving them back to being listed as set, with it including pictures of each card and the above picture.
Old 07-28-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

I only have two cards that Juan appears in the picture of someone elses card.

But card errors is a section that might be of interest if it is a one and done not like the blank face cards that they made several of. But like the error card that is on ebay now. I doubt there is another the same way. As well as that Footlocker card of old that there has never been another exposed.
Old 07-28-2007
Administrator

What is the link to eBay for the error card?

I think it would be hard to draw the line between a certain type of error cards. How would we differentiate between an "error" card and a "variation" card?

Jonas, there are several error cards that only you or Akar has and have never been seen again. I had a few that I was the only one here who had, the 1998 Crown Royale Home Run Fever No Coating for example.

Personally, I would keep error and variation cards on the main list.
Old 07-28-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

the so called error card that is on ebay now is nothing of the sort. that card goes into the cat,of miss cuts,and over lap print cards.i opened a box of 90 fleer one time and all the cards in the box were cut sideways. i tossed them in the trash can!!!!!!!! this card is nothing more. not even in the same cat as a plank front-plank-back,wrong-front,wrong-back these are true errors. also if a card did not come out of a pack or a box or as a redemption it does not belong on this list at all. i.e the pins the book marks and such. come on the apba things dont even have his photo on it! its not a baseball card!!! its called baseball card collecting!
Old 07-29-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
the so called error card that is on ebay now is nothing of the sort. that card goes into the cat,of miss cuts,and over lap print cards.i opened a box of 90 fleer one time and all the cards in the box were cut sideways. i tossed them in the trash can!!!!!!!! this card is nothing more. not even in the same cat as a plank front-plank-back,wrong-front,wrong-back these are true errors. also if a card did not come out of a pack or a box or as a redemption it does not belong on this list at all. i.e the pins the book marks and such. come on the apba things dont even have his photo on it! its not a baseball card!!! its called baseball card collecting!
Well, we will soon have an oddball section on the list and I expect many of the things like APBA will be moved over there. It will make it easier for one to archive 100% for a particular year.
Old 07-29-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

outstanding!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Ok...here is one man's opinion. The only items that should be on THE Juan Gonzalez list are cards or items issued by the baseball card manufacturers. If it was printed by them, then it sould be there...that is it...period. ALL other Juan items should be listed in the "Miscellaneous" category.

I think there will always be debate about which items are legit and which are not. I actually believe that to be a healthy part of collecting, but I consider this to be the definitive source for all things Juan. It is important that we deliniate between the "pure" Juan items and the "fringe" items.