Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

The funny part guys is that I believe I really got a great deal on both cards considering I get one of the earliest Juan Gonzalez Masterpiece 1 of 1 available. I have to thank clarkfan for the advise, since the owner was really able to negotiate. Oh! I almost forgot, the cards were resting only 10 minutes away from my house, the owner is not only a Puertorrican, he's almost my neighbor! Just a hint, I got both cards for less of the 1/1 original list price on ebay! Sorry he ain't going to fill the boat tank, but he'll be able to have a nice ride around the bay!
Old 01-22-2011
Rookie Member

You're welcome. I'm glad it got picked up by 1 of you guys. It really needed to be in a Gonzo collection forever. I almost contacted him to see what he wanted out of it to trade down the road, but it definitely went to the right collection. Congrats!
Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

I really appreciate your advise, since I was almost sure I'll waste my time asking, but with your push I decide to give it a try, as you can see it works! I hope you get to grab yours soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
You're welcome. I'm glad it got picked up by 1 of you guys. It really needed to be in a Gonzo collection forever. I almost contacted him to see what he wanted out of it to trade down the road, but it definitely went to the right collection. Congrats!
Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6325

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Rob, Send me your email and I will send you a picture so that you can get it out of your system. The boat is not that big and it only holds 256 gallons of fuel. The boat has radar, chartplotters, 2 gps's, epirb, water heater, stereo, TV, DVD, CD player, generator, head, galley, etc. I also have my Caribe dingy attached to the stern so you might as well start making fun of my dingy also. I already know that you cannot imagine people being happy. I love my wife and boat and we have a great time. Yes, I paid more for the boat than you have paid for all of your Juan Gonzalez cards put together. I really can imagine what you think of someone spending 225K cash on a used boat but that is actually not a lot of money for a quality boat. I could not afford to buy this boat new. That was the used boat price at the time I bought it in 2006. The boat is a 2003 model and I keep it in excellent condition because we go out to sea regularly. The boat has two Crusader 385 HP engines and I cruise at about 3,000 rpm which is about 22 knots or about 25 mph. I burn about 12 gallons per hour for each engine at cruise speed.
" I pay $800 for a 1/2 tank of fuel " are you using av gas? fuels that contain ethanol can get real nasty in a very short time. or do you use SeaFoam? " I really can imagine what you think of someone spending 225K cash on a used boat "
this is what i think about that, RICH PEOPLE i told you you had no clue! DAN IT'S NOT A BOAT! i like it! Sounds like a great vessel! the 8.2l Merc Crusader's are great. do you have picks? P.S. i am happy for you. do not take me so serious! i would like to just have the dingy> ONE OF THESE DAYS. i would love to see pic's

Last edited by nosterbor; 01-22-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2011
Veteran Member

cool - I am glad someone on our site got them.... I offered him $300 and $100 and he came back to me @ $400 and $200 which I passed on. Nice additions.
Old 01-24-2011

Cards: 2316

I had offered $450 for the 1/1 and received a response that he already had an offer of $500. I wasn't interested in the other one so I didn't make an offer on the other card. To get them at less than half of what the seller had listed them at (less than $600), he must've basically given away the starting 9 card.

I did go out and satisfy my 1/1 craving by purchasing a 1/1 1998 SPx Finite Mike Piazza card...I only need a handful of cards to complete that set...including Juan's spectrum Power Explosion card and Home Run Hysteria card....ugggggghhhhhhh!

Congrats Roberto on once again expanding your amazing collection.
Old 01-25-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Thank you so much! For me the 3 1/1 cards in that set are the most important cards on the Juan Gonzalez collection, since they are the very first Masterpiece 1/1 cards in the market. I wish I can get the other two as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurnish View Post
I had offered $450 for the 1/1 and received a response that he already had an offer of $500. I wasn't interested in the other one so I didn't make an offer on the other card. To get them at less than half of what the seller had listed them at (less than $600), he must've basically given away the starting 9 card.

I did go out and satisfy my 1/1 craving by purchasing a 1/1 1998 SPx Finite Mike Piazza card...I only need a handful of cards to complete that set...including Juan's spectrum Power Explosion card and Home Run Hysteria card....ugggggghhhhhhh!

Congrats Roberto on once again expanding your amazing collection.
Old 01-26-2011
Veteran Member

the mirror black was 1st wasnt it? all very close together - I have only seen 3 mirror blacks from 1997 - Maddux, Pudge & Bonds - rare stuff - I should have bought the Pudge - it was at a show several years back for $150
Old 01-26-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6325

SHAME on you.