Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 02-04-2009
Rookie Member

Default New here

I'm just passing by but came across this site while doing research. I am looking for the Juan Gonzalez Absolute Jumbo Swatch/Jersey pieces from the 2005 Absolute Set. If anyone has them here, I will pay a pretty penny for them. Just the jersey jumbos, not the patches. I sell on ebay and am legit. Here is my website with my set:

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...20Memorabilia/

Thank you to anyone who reads this, and thats to anyone who has it and is willing to try and work something out.
Old 02-04-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

is this one you are looking for? if so send me a private message.

http://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=4094
Old 02-04-2009
Rookie Member

Yes it is. I will pay for it at least 2 x book value. I am also looking for the others. He has a total of 4 jumbo jerseys similar to this.

That is one that I need and I see others have the other 2 available. I don't think anyone has the 1/1 here, but if they do, i'll pay you good for it.
Old 02-05-2009
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Good luck, if the collector doesn't have an extra and it is a SN <10 card, you are going to need more than 2X book!
Old 02-05-2009
Rookie Member

I've worked out one deal already, and I just need some more. I know 2x book value won't cut it, but it's just a starting point. I'm always willing to negotiate. Hopefully, they are open minded and willing to at least think about it.
Old 02-05-2009
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

Open mind? Better read our debates We are easy with each other as long as we have doubles but I would think it will be hard to remove a Gonzo 1/1 to a non Gonzo collector. But then again money talks to most.
Old 02-06-2009
Rookie Member

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the way you guys behave, and I can only think about how I am with my set. Still, I'm hoping that maybe someone will see that its not possible to get every Juan Gonzalez card ever made, and that it's possible I might get mine done. They might just decide that its ok to let go, maybe not now, but done the road you know.

If people have extras, thats good too. They might be willing to let one go. I don't think anyone has the Absolute Jumbo 1/1 here, at least its not up on the database you have. Btw, thats an awesome database. Never seen anything like that anywhere else. Congrats. Still, if i had to let go of one testicle to get it, I would.

Anyway, thanks for not tearing my head off. I hope to do business here. If I come across the 1/1, i'll let yoy guys know, and post an image for your database.
Old 02-06-2009
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Just so you don't get overly optomistic, not all of the collectors on this site sell cards at any price.

Old 02-06-2009
Rookie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Just so you don't get overly optomistic, not all of the collectors on this site sell cards at any price.

Yeah, I understand. I posted here knowing full well that I might walk out empty handed. I'm realistic. I saw the card database and just knew that I was dealing with serious collectors. Still, if you guys may happen across a double, that could be good too.

Anyway, thanks for everyones input.
Old 02-06-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6384

"If people have extras, thats good too. They might be willing to let one go. I don't think anyone has the Absolute Jumbo 1/1 here, at least its not up on the database you have. Btw, thats an awesome database. Never seen anything like that anywhere else. Congrats. Still, if i had to let go of one testicle to get it, I would."

I'm pretty sure Roberto would give both testicles to get the 1/1 jumbo would love to see it on ebay for you two to try to outbid each other...

Kevin