Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 10-07-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Default Finally done

I have finally finished putting Rob's collection into the database. I still have to go back to the early years and put in all of his doubles...and there are a lot of them.
Old 10-07-2006
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Now that you've added him, I see a lot of cards highlighted in blue since he has extras of a lot of cards that I don't have. I am sure everyone else is also seeing a lot of blue now as well.

Can you please confirm that nosterbor is keeping all of these extras as the spirit of the blue and yellow highlight on the list is too help each other out. I will alter the code to ignore his extras if needed so that we aren't distracted by them.
Old 10-07-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I guess I don't know what you mean? Yes, I think he is keeping his extras. He has no plans on giving them away. Is he willing to trade or sell extras for cards he wants? I think so, but that is something you need to ask him. He will answer emails. I put his correct email in when I registered him.

I didn't put them on there to taunt you.

I think it is fine to leave the blue no matter what due to the fact that things change over time. It is good to know who has what.
Old 10-07-2006
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

I'm asking you since you entered his cards and have to take responsibility since you created the account.

He does not collect like we do and I need to know if his style of collecting adds any useful purpose to the spirit of highlighting who has extras. I think it probably does not.
Old 10-07-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

What responsibilty??? I simply put in what he has. Don't blame me that he has a bazillion Juans.

Then take it off. I don't really care. I know what he has and if he has extras so it is up to you.
Old 10-07-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

Rob has a nice collection. Can't believe how fast you entered it! I'm way too slow with this computer input stuff. Fortunely everyone collects differently. I only want 1 of every card through 2002. I have thrown thousands of cards away of Juans because I have them in my collection or they are beyond 2002. I've had 2 of the 1990 procard promo, one I got on beckett buy/sell for just trade and the other in a lot purchase on ebay for like 10 bucks. I gave it to Dan (2725), not that he didn't give me plenty in return. But the second card held "0" value to me. I don't much care about graded cards either. I understand why Rob doesn't want to reduce his collection count just like I hope everyone understand what value I bring to collectors when I throw out a monitor box full of Juan cards every so often. I'll list double in my collection when I feel you guys might need to add it to your collections. I just made a deal with a dealer for 1500 of Juan cards. I'll go through them, add what I need, list double on what I see you need, send 2003 and beyond to you guys and destroy the rest.

As weird as I am I have a better understand of how different we all feel we need to mold our collection into what we want.

Jonas - PS. I finally won a scanner nd have it coming!
Old 10-07-2006
Administrator

I think I'll just alter the list so that it highlights cards that you have doubles of and someone else needs it. I am just trying to structure this in a way that supports altruism. That is why I added the highlighting in the first place.
Old 10-07-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Jonas...It is extremely refreshing to see someone like yourself in today's world. You have helped me tremendously in the past and I am extremely grateful for it.

I too only want one of each card. That is why I have zero doubles right now. I trade the rest away, usually with Rob.

Good luck to all of us in our quests.
Old 10-07-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I think I'll just alter the list so that it highlights cards that you have doubles of and someone else needs it. I am just trying to structure this in a way that supports altruism. That is why I added the highlighting in the first place.

I understand both sides of this, I really do, but I like having it show me who might have extras of a card I need.

I have talked to Rob and he is willing to trade $1 for $1 for rare inserts and cards he doesn't have. You should probably just try talking to him.
Old 10-07-2006
Administrator

You misunderstand my intentions. You seem to think that I want his extras and am upset that he has extras and won't give them away. I do not need to talk to him and don't understand why you think I do?

I am not wanting any of his cards and I don't expect collectors to give away their extras.

The main point of the highlighting was so that I could see any collector's that I could help out, not to single out those collectors that can help me.

I will change it so that it only shows extras that you need when you choose to look at the user and it will show extras that you can help someone out with when you look at your own list.