Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Trade / Sale

Trade / Sale Please only list Juan Gonzalez cards here. You can also post "Wanted" cards. Please use the FS, FT, and WTB prefixes on your thread title.

Old 08-16-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Everybody is free to pay what they wish for cards. Mike, I've always found you to be frugal in your purchases. Others are more free spending, less patient, whatever, but that is their prerogative.

In regards to these auction threads and the threads in the sale forum, negative comments in regards to the amounts that cards sell for are not helpful. This is a free market and so please let the market work as is wants to. I will post more formal rules in regards to these transactions tomorrows.
You are correct in that I am frugal and others are entitled to spend whatever they want, but how is what I am saying negative? Am I not entitled to my opinion? I still think that freedom of speech is still in the Constitution. If someone disagrees with me then they are certainly able to respond. Give me your opinion on any comment I make, I won't be offended. Jonas has been very up front in sharing his perspective with us and I respect his opinion. Policing comments that people make is a slippery slope that I do not feel is appropriate.

Last edited by Gonzaleznut; 08-16-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

You may question prices but you may not do it within the thread of someone who is posting something for sale or bid. Doing so harms their attempt to sale the item.
Old 08-16-2007
Contributing Member

Cards: 107

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't mean you are required to express it. This is Freddie's site, and he should be able to create and enforce whatever rules he wants about what is being posted. When I posted that I paid $150 for a press plate, your comment was, "That sound you hear is me choking...." How is that not negative? That deal was already done, so the only thing your comment could have hurt was my ego (which it didn't, don't worry); but when you post a comment about a price being too high in an Auction or FS thread, you could discourage potential buyers and higher bidders. I don't think that any seller would appreciate someone with influence -- and you do have a significant influence on the Juan Gonzalez collecting community -- telling buyers that the seller's prices are too high.

Kyle
Old 08-16-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6318

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
You may question prices but you may not do it within the thread of someone who is posting something for sale or bid. Doing so harms their attempt to sale the item.
has anyone read George Orwells 1984?
Old 08-16-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Look, I respect everyone on this site. I certainly do not mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I will try to be more cognizant of my comments and how they might be perceived by others.

Old 08-16-2007
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
has anyone read George Orwells 1984?
Oh please.

I don't care what prices that the cards sell for. Perhaps, since I don't buy cards any longer, I am the only non biased person here. We have those who want cards as cheap as possible, we have those who want as much as they can get for a card, we have those that are willing to pay what it takes to get a rare card, we have it all.

I invite everyone to visit other forums with a Sale section and see if you can find rules in regards to disparaging a seller's price. I'm confident you'll find similar rules. I'll direct you to the forum I started 7 years ago, which has had that same rule in effect every day since if you like.

Does anyone think it is fair that they be able to verbally abuse others for the prices they choose to ask or pay? I don't care if you question the prices that are on ebay, I don't care if you question Kyle's purchase of a $150 press plate. What I won't allow, is for transactions that take place in the For/Sale forum to be attacked. If you want to post a thread in the Juan Gonzalez forum about how you think it is crazy to pay $140 for a minor league promo, go ahead and do it. Just refrain from doing it in the buy/sale forum. Leave the auction and for sale threads alone.