Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 10-13-2008
Veteran Member

i have bid many times on his stuff and this has happened more times than i can count. it wont happen again as i have bid for the last time on his stuff.
Old 10-13-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabee1 View Post
i have bid many times on his stuff and this has happened more times than i can count. it wont happen again as i have bid for the last time on his stuff.
sorry if I upset anyone. That certainly wasn't my intention, and those who have dealt with me in the past know I don't make it a habit to end auctions early (I hate it when people do that).

anyway.. here is why the auction was ended. I got this email from the individual that sold me most of my stuff. I did my homework and decided that he was correct. I didn't want any bad feedback from a buyer, and didn't want to misrepresent the item.

"Hello:
I am probably the largest Juan Gonzalez game used collector, and you purchased the game used Indians in the photo from me. There is NO way this is a 1998 game used Juan Gonzalez jersey. The Rangers jerseys primary color was red during the 1998 season, and the jersey should have red on blue tackle twill and they did not wear Majestic in 1998, but they wore Russell Athletic jerseys. I have a home white game used jersey from 1998 from Grey Flannel. Also, Juan only wore size 44 jerseys during his rookie season of 1989. He wore size 48 jerseys in 1998. This is only a signed jersey and not a game used jersey.
James"

I will be listing 6 jerseys this week, all with LOAs and I have emailed a list with photos to James so I don't list it improperly. He is the authority on these as he had over 30 at one time, including an All-Star jersey which I'd LOVE to have.
Old 10-13-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6326

i have the 98 all star jersey and hat!
Old 10-13-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

I knew it wasn't a '98 jersey from the colors. It is from 2002 or 2003. Also the official jerseys were made by Rawlings not by Majestic. It is simple a signed replica.

Old 10-13-2008
Veteran Member

I paid good money for it unfortunately. ASI didn't authenticate it properly (I will be in touch with them- they listed it as a 1998 on the cert unless someone switched the sticker on the jersey).

Didn't mean to mislead, that's why the auction was ended. I have plenty of 100% legitimate jerseys with PSA and grey flannel letters. I will be listing some soon.
Old 10-13-2008
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
i have the 98 all star jersey and hat!
game used or replica?
Old 10-14-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

replica! i like it anyway!
Old 10-14-2008
Veteran Member

Quote:
Even though you never responded to my post above, I want to add one more thing. You might want to snipe your auctions, either manually or with a free site like auctionstealer.com or esnipe.com...

saves a lot of money as opposed to getting into "bidding wars" with other people. Lots of people still proxy bid, but I can't understand why frankly.
Sniping is the only way to go.
Old 10-14-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

good luck on Juan cards! if you snipe and forget it,you had better put a $500 snipe if you want it!!!!!!!!!!!! on the 04 sp numberd to 19 i put a $38 snipe and will not win it at that!!!!!!!!!! also i have had snips that went hours early because the site was going down for maintance!and lost most of those.it does not matter on Juans cards what you do,you will get in a bidding war! so bid early and often!
Old 10-14-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
as long as we are at it,i won this card from him years ago.
http://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=1795

i paid over $100 in an ebay auction,he sent me a card that was just plain trash!!!! had 2 very bad crease's and the boarders were outragiously bad! it was not even the same card in the scan! you could tell by the autograph placement.he did refund my money.weeks later! said "it does not matter the condition of the card because of the rarity!" NOT! that was not the point! i do not care what it is i will not bid or buy any more! Honor is what every thing is about!