Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 03-17-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

I looked and don't have a sheet of the 96 Gallery cards. But if I did I'm sure it would be made without boarders and just an oversize printing plate so when waste is removed it wouldn't have a boarder to be graded by. Meaning it could be made from that sheet with scissors if in fact that is correct. Either way, if it was used as a proof or a run inspection it would just be a sheet cut out unless it was kept on file and then it would have some identifying mark. If not it's just an oddball card that can be made like the one I made above from a sheet!
Old 03-17-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Roberto, the card he is talking about is this one http://juangone.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1201478830

which I still feel was cut an 1/8" bigger as it is a borderless plate sheet.
Old 03-17-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

the whole picture of the card is magnified larger! you will see when you get one.
Old 03-17-2008
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

My opinion has not changed:
Pack Issued Press Plates: One of One List

Backdoor Plates: Oddball List

Proofs having an image/contents that are the same as the regular issue card but having extra material: Not on the list at all
If you can take a pair of scissors and modify your proof so that it looks like the regular card then it can be classified no different than a card cut from a sheet.

Proofs having an image/contents that are larger/smaller than the regular card: Oddball list
Old 03-17-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6406

I agree with Freddie...all my press plates were pack inserts...all say 1/1...do the backdoor plates have 1/1 on them?...as far as oversize proofs,I'm ok either way list,oddball, or even not at all....

Kevin
Old 03-18-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

http://www.juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=95560

Where should this card go then???

This was a card that escaped as Pinnacle was going belly-up. It was never issued in packs.

I thought the ultimate goal here is to try to create the most comprehensive list of Juan Gonzalez items. Does it really matter where they are catalogued?? Now, I am all for having the list be as accurate as possible, but, seriously, who gives a rat's butt if the back door press plates are in the 1/1 list or the oddball? Who gives a flying elephant (those would have been a lot better if could have just cursed) whether proofs are listed where?

It is most important to identify items that exist...period. All the rest of it just seems petty.

Last edited by Gonzaleznut; 03-18-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 1049

Send a message via MSN to Rafferity

Actually I believe the card needs to stay where it's at. The card was issued in a TEAM PINNACLE Collector's Club tin. It has hockey, football and baseball cards. And 3 coins in it. I still have my tin and the packs are sealed with Juan's on the back of the pack. Now coming in a tin and released in the collector's club, it could be considered an oddball. But that's the call of others here on the site.
Old 03-18-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

The Team Pinnacle was a card that was released. You had to join the club to recieve one.
I was told that the 93 Elite Jumbo file promo that I have was a one of a kind but I see Mr Johnson has one as well
Back door Pinnacle and Pacific cards are possible as they went under and their investors and vendors could claim any inventory and sell it to recoop some of their losses. Topps hasn't yet and do auction off some proofs and plates but they are like what Kevin say's marked as so. So any thing from Topps would be so identified and not left up to our imagination.
The plates in my opinion doesn't matter.
It's the oversize cards that I have an issue with and honestly feel the sellers are taking advantage of collectors with a pair of scissors.

After being away I found I had to go through the log to try and up date my lists as they weren't in a open forum disscussion like this one.

Might get your blood pressure up but it's needed. Plus I got some new pills that will all but stop your blood pressure completely