Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 02-20-2017

Cards: 2316

Default 2016 Checklist

I wanted to run this by the board before I make any changes. On the 2016 checklist, there are two different Strata autographs listed that I don't believe exist. The Topps release sheet indicates that not all players had autographs of every variation. If these cards are out there, I'm guessing one of us would've obtained one by now, considering they have the highest print runs. I think we can delete these entries.

I would also like to get the Tek variations titled more in line with what was on Topps release sheet, if no one has any objections.

Thirdly, and I'm probably missing something here...since I've been given access to edit the checklist, I can add cards and photos, but I can no longer enter my own counts into the data base. Any idea of what could be different now?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 02-20-2017
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6313

Go ahead and make the changes. I have never see a data list from topps. On the thirdly I have no clue.
Old 02-22-2017
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

Please be sure before you make the changes that sometimes the system change the category of the card listed, which means the card could end in another year or category eventhough you did not necesarily change that specific field. Also when you delete an existing card and replace it, those who mark the card as owened will have to mark it again, so you need to let them know. About the third point I believe you need to inquire Freddy.
Old 02-23-2017

I see what you mean, Roberto. I tried again to update my count of the 2017 Topps Rediscover card (trying to change it from "0" to "1"). All it did was move the card to the 2016 list and eliminate the 2017 year altogether. The system isn't accepting any of my updates to my collection counts anymore. I've got cards to add and I would love to help carry the load in updating the list with you guys, but it's probably best that I steer clear of trying to update anything as long as this bug is messing things up for me. My intention is to be helpful...not create problems!

With the site no longer functional for me, I may try to create a spreadsheet offline and keep track of my stuff that way. I love the wealth of information on here though!

Thanks,
Ron
Old 02-23-2017
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurnish View Post
I see what you mean, Roberto. I tried again to update my count of the 2017 Topps Rediscover card (trying to change it from "0" to "1"). All it did was move the card to the 2016 list and eliminate the 2017 year altogether. The system isn't accepting any of my updates to my collection counts anymore. I've got cards to add and I would love to help carry the load in updating the list with you guys, but it's probably best that I steer clear of trying to update anything as long as this bug is messing things up for me. My intention is to be helpful...not create problems!

With the site no longer functional for me, I may try to create a spreadsheet offline and keep track of my stuff that way. I love the wealth of information on here though!

Thanks,
Ron
Hey Ron don't give up so fast! It may take a little to get use to the page but trust me eventually it will become a piece of cake, you will see.
Also, in my case if I try to update my list from my Iphone or Ipad, it does not allowed me, so I have to wait until I got home and then do it in my PC. I hope this help you a little bit.
Old 02-26-2017
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

I can look at fixing the issue, if I can reproduce it, but I don't know when I will have to the time to devote to it.
Old 02-27-2017

Thanks, Freddie. I appreciate it.

Ron