Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 02-20-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Default new item

please add this 1993 Keebler full sheet! you can see the preformation on the cards when they removed them to put in the product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo00290249.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo00290250.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1224  

Last edited by nosterbor; 02-20-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: correct
Old 02-21-2009
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Again, this picture should only be added to the item already on the list.

The removed, perforated card should be considered DAMAGED. If that is what you have, then you have an incomplete item. Same thing with those magazine cards. It is silly to have the panel listed and the cut out card listed.
Old 02-21-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

is the full sheet pictured? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! how many have the full sheet???????so i guess that stamp collectors should never buy singles,just demaned blocks or full sheets!!!ok then take all the ballstreet,strat-o-matics,replay games,avon hill,pursue the pennant,dynasty league and statis-pro.OUT! they are damaged!and only a part of the full sheet they came from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also get rid of the foot locker.it is also a cut out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!get the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get sick and tired of every time i would like to have an item added i get FLACKKKKKKK! if you do not understand this response,and the Point i just made,SORRY BUT SILLY IS IT NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just SILLY<SILLY>SILLY!
ANTIE EM! ANTIE_EM!

Last edited by nosterbor; 02-21-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: more
Old 02-21-2009
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Every none baseball card on the list, that is cut out of, perforated out of something, ripped out of something, should include a picture of the original item. There should not be two listings of it.

The "game" cards are not cut out of something. Nothing was modified to create the illusion of a card.

This has nothing to do with postal stamps.

Though, the 1996 Pro Stamps is another instance of this. I think that it is stupid to have that item listed twice as well. If you only have the "stamp" then you have a damaged item.

I think what is going on here, is this is being done just to increase the collector count of items.

I will agree with you that if we are going to list a panel and the card that it was cut out of than we should list every clear package of cards that you can see Juan in. If we have a photoball then we should list it multiple times, one with the wrapper, one without the wrapper. We should list that collector's choice package that you whined about forever. I don't agree with any of this but duplicating these oddball items seems to be important to someone so make it consistent. Makes it easier to get to "4000" items!
Old 02-21-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

look at all the game cards,they all have preformations where they were detached from a larger sheet.
Old 02-21-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

also i never liked the oddball section anyway.i never wanted it and protested it profusely!!like you stated "this web site is for every thing collectable of Juan not just baseball cards"take away the oddballs and the gap between Roberto and myself is another 60+ baseballcards! as long as it is here i will add to it, why not! and the photoball in the bag out of the bag.well that is just SILLY is it not?
Old 02-22-2009
Administrator

Silly?

Is not removing a panel from a magazine and then cutting a card out of that panel and ending up with two different items on the list a bit silly?
Old 02-22-2009
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Your both wrong. If you want to jack up the count, like you are doing, it should count as three items:

1) Keebler book
2) Keebler sheet with Juans picture
3) Keebler Juan picture.

Old 02-22-2009
Administrator

I'm not wrong.

Of course, the keebler book should also be pictured, as well as the page with Juan on it. The only true item, is to have the original book. Same as with the magazine that a panel card was cut from.
Old 02-23-2009
Veteran Member

Can we just add all thre pics on the same item?