Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 07-06-2017

Cards: 3623

Default Juan Gonzalez Watch, please help me!!!!

Hi guys, I need some info on a watch that is suppose to be a Juan Gonzalez 1998 player of the week bulova watch that was given to Juan when he was named player of the week in 1998. Is it really his watch, or something someone made up? Any info on ghis please will be greatly appreciatted!!!!!
Old 07-06-2017
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

I never heard of that, of course that's sounds like a common practice in the bussines. If is true it is highly probable it is engrave with his name or something relevant of the occasion, I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonza19 View Post
Hi guys, I need some info on a watch that is suppose to be a Juan Gonzalez 1998 player of the week bulova watch that was given to Juan when he was named player of the week in 1998. Is it really his watch, or something someone made up? Any info on ghis please will be greatly appreciatted!!!!!
Old 07-06-2017

It has an engraving on the back, it has his name, date and player of the week. The front is the American League logo. Wristband is black leather and the watch is a Bulova.
Old 07-06-2017

Where an I send a picture???
Old 07-06-2017

Here are some pics attached!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170706-153954.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1974   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170706-154015.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	1975  
Old 07-09-2017

Cards: 1215

Ah! So you were the one who purchased it. I was the one who got tagged in it,and then passed on it. And I think you bought it just a few minutes later. I can tell you this much: The Rangers actually did(and still do)give away a Bulova watch to the player of the week during each season. However,I couldn't find any info on whether or not they have the watches engraved with any pertinent information. It would make sense that they would do that. But no info is readily available about that particular aspect of each watch. At that point I was still on board for buying it. That is until I dug a little deeper and found out that that particular Bulova(Sportstime model)watch sold/sells brand new for about $20-30. And you can also have them engraved for a few dollars more. And that's when I backed off. Because I would imagine an MLB team would spend a bit more for a watch that is to be given away as an award of sorts. And if it wasn't completely legit,I didn't want to spend $100+ on what is in essence a $20-30 watch. But my fingers are crossed that what you own is 100% authenticity Juan's original watch. Because that's an incredible piece to own if it is.
Old 08-01-2017

I did not buy it for the same reasons you let it pass. I know that they still give a watch to the player that wins player of the week, but there is no evidence that that watch was the one given to Juan when he won the award. If someone is interested I know the baseball card shop where they have it(if they still do). It is in Knoxville, TN and the shop owner is asking $150.00 for it!!!!. Thanks to everyone who read and helped me out!!!!!
Old 09-19-2017
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonza19 View Post
I did not buy it for the same reasons you let it pass. I know that they still give a watch to the player that wins player of the week, but there is no evidence that that watch was the one given to Juan when he won the award. If someone is interested I know the baseball card shop where they have it(if they still do). It is in Knoxville, TN and the shop owner is asking $150.00 for it!!!!. Thanks to everyone who read and helped me out!!!!!
Funny I'm going through Knoxville today it's only 45 min away from me. Can you pass the info on to me regarding the watch? I may be interested.
Old 09-30-2017

Eddies Sport Treasures his website is eddiesportstreasures.com