Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 09-04-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

i would not say its selfish.its more so that their JEALOUS! if they want a card bad enough! they would have paid for it! next time tell them to call the WAAAAMBULANCE
Old 09-04-2007
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Of course, if anyone is going to understand your obsession, it will be nosterbor.

I will admit that obsessions like this, which drive the prices higher, was one of the factors of my bailing out of collecting Juan.
Old 09-04-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

now is the best time to collect Juan Gonzalez cards! i remember when the 2003 leaf limited came out all the numbered to 25 and less cards. the moniker autograph #to 25 were in the $60+ range aircorp was paying $200+ for the moniker #to 5's.that was 4 short years ago. so the prices lately are a bonanza to me! i will take all i can get my hands on.the supply is about out!
Old 09-05-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Of course, if anyone is going to understand your obsession, it will be nosterbor.

I will admit that obsessions like this, which drive the prices higher, was one of the factors of my bailing out of collecting Juan.
It is sad to hear that Freddie. I collect some other things, and also belong to various collecting societies worldwide and it is common to see people paying things "overprize" the price guides are just that a guide, the real value depends on how bad the collector want certain Item, like the Wyat Earp pistol set story, some people will pay thousands, other millions for it, for my wife not even one cent!
Old 09-12-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

Talking Family reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
yes! you have all 5 of 5!! wow!!!! thats AWESOME! i love it! i have been shooting for that a long time i am very close on a lot of the ones #to 10/#19/#25 thats a goal i want to achieve.its not easy at all! i remembered the last bat barrel auction over a year ago.you paid a very high price for that one!! i would have done the same thing in your shoes.
Sorry I wait this long to let you know, but when I mentioned this, I really have only four of them, the other was on ebay, but of course I do what it takes to assure it will make it home. Finally I get it yesterday, now I have all of them in hand and listed them on my collection. #52 2004 Prime Cuts II Timeline Material Trio Stats
Bat-Hat-Jsy