Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 09-16-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Default Censorship

Ok...I if I can't post my "opinions" in one thread, then I will post them in my own.

I think the Ted Williams Autographed cards have really crappy autographs.

Old 09-16-2007
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

Feel better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaleznut View Post
Ok...I if I can't post my "opinions" in one thread, then I will post them in my own.

I think the Ted Williams Autographed cards have really crappy autographs.
Old 09-16-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

George Orwells 1984?
Old 09-16-2007
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

How about this is my forum and I wish to establish some form of rules. You are acting like misbehaving children. 1984? The U.S. Constitution does not apply to this forum. There is no right to free speech here and I limit nothing that you do other than ask you not to crap on people trying to sell things. If you wish to continue to do so or complain about your "right" to do so then please leave the forum. I'm sure you can use the time on eBay.

If you do continue to behave in an immature manner then I will remove you from the forum. Just act like an adult and follow the one damn rule that I have. Why don't you email Alan and ask him if he has a problem with your behavior in his threads?
Old 09-17-2007
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

for the record, I think Freddie has a point... No one wants to feel like they are censored, but on the other hand, rules are in place to keep the board a decent and fair place to trade. eBay has many rules in place on their discussion boards.

Besides, it's just plain rude to post demeaning comments on someone's thread when referring to their items, even if it wasn't censored by anyone.

Just my 2c
Old 09-17-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6406

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...First,I've bought and traded with quite a few of you on the site...and have been happy with my end each time...Second,for a guy who no longer collects Gonzo(Freddie) to invest so much time and patience to give us a great web site is great...I think we all need to respect his "ONE" rule...Third,the card in question was never misleading to any of us...the pics were there for all of us to see...we can all make our own judgement and decide if and how much we want to bid...the card is worth what someone will pay for it..thats why it's an auction...If I don't like the look of the card or the price I just say "No Thanks" or I just don't bid...but I'll keep my comments off the forum boards...Lastly,I think it's awesome that another collector(akar) is offering his collection to "us" as Gonzo collectors.I do realize that if his stuff was on ebay he would only get the next increment above the second highest bid but like I said the card is worth what someone will pay...if you are not prepared to pay your top bid than don't make it your top bid...

ok that enough from me my 2 cents has turned into about 50 cents...

Kevin
Old 09-17-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

One last comment. My comments about the Ted Williams Auto card was about those cards in general, not about that particular card that Alan was auctioning. I apologize to Alan for making those comments in his auction thread and I realize that it was inappropriate. I will, from now on, keep my big mouth (or in this case my big fingers) shut.

Old 09-19-2007
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

I do know a little about the Ted Williams autograph cards. You are correct in that they had a terrible time in Puerto Rico getting the signatures on the cards. If you look closely there are two different colors for his signature...blue and black. They could not get the ink to stick on the card. When I purchased my non-numbered autograph cards from a dealer in Texas he was aware of the history and told me the tale of sorrow in trying to get Juan's signature and the poor junior lackey that flew to Puerto Rico to get the cards signed. The autograph cards which are not numbered are suppose to be "back door" from the vault and were kept to replace cards in poor shape. They knew that people were going to get irritated at the poor quality of the signature and cards. This is why the cards are in such poor shape. On the other had if you have one in your hand they don't look so bad. Beauty is in the eye of the owner and not the beholder.

Dan