Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 10-10-2006
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaleznut View Post
I like having the value of one's collection. However, I think it would be more accurate if it took into account multiples of a card. For example, if I have 3 of a $6 card then that should show as $18 of value.

Is it possible to do that Freddie?
Yes, I can do just about anything with the list given the time and inclination to do it.
Old 10-10-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Are you going to do it?
Old 10-10-2006
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

Yes, I had already expected such a request to be made by those with extras listed.
Old 10-10-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

Honestly I never noticed that there was a value attached to the collection. When Beckett values 98 Topps Tek Defractors at .40 – 1.00 and you’d be willing to pay 10 times that along with part of your collection being valued at “NA”, why acknowledge the collection value. Beckett is a great tool to use along with others sources to determine a card value but never a collection value. I have over 100 cards valued at “NA” that adds a total of zero to my valued collection according to Beckett. I just paid 200 for a Juan signed Ted Williams 151 card that will add what to my collection dollar? As every Juan collected has seen, your return on investment will be in the red and I certainly don’t care to see how red that has become the past several years. But adding a multiple card dollar won’t hurt I guess or even assigning a generic low – high value to cards that Beckett hasn’t valued. Any info that collectors can use to motivate them to collect is a value. Just know that your collection cost you much more and is probably valued at much less.

Just an opinion,
Jonas
Old 10-10-2006
Administrator

Defractors are at a $1.00 because I forgot to change the value when I input those cards. Beckett doesn't list those cards.

Quote:
200 for a Juan signed Ted Williams 151 card
Where did you find this?
Old 10-11-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Pure luck my friend! When the Ted card came up on ebay I placed a bid as soon I seen it and pushed it up in price. I did that because I expected to be outbid at the end with someone who just has more money. But I wanted everyone that sells cards to see the value of those cards with the hope of additional sellers. I got lucky enough that someone contacted me and said they had one of those cards and asked if I would purchase it. Needless to say it is now in the mail and on it's way! I'll scan it with my scanner once I get back from vacation on the 23rd. They both should be here by then waiting.

Jonas
Old 10-11-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
Defractors are at a $1.00 because I forgot to change the value when I input those cards. Beckett doesn't list those cards.
Shit, now I'm going to lose the $18 for the 18 cards that I'm sure I paid about $600 for. But I really thought that was a keying error to begin with.

Why didn't you bid on the 97 mirror gold 142 card? $11 is cheap for a 97 card that has a reported 30 card print run. Hell, I almost went higher just to remove it from circulation.

Jonas
Old 10-11-2006
Administrator

I didn't know it was only limited to 30. The select cards have the print runs on the list but the certified cards don't.
Old 10-11-2006
Administrator

Someone want to list the print runs for the 97 pinnacle cards so we can update the list?
Old 10-11-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

I see those mirror golds way too often to be only limited to 30.