Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 08-18-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6326

Default Beckett!

BECKETT NEEDS NEW PRICING PERSONAL!
HOW CAN THIS
http://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=670
BE WORTH LESS THAN THIS???
http://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=672

BOY OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Rob,

Easy to understand. In 1996 card collecting was very active. Packs and boxes were opened. Cards like this were turned in. There are fewer mail in cards now available. I happen to have both of these.

I made the same mistake when I mailed in my 1996 Leaf mail in return for an autograph card. Now I still do not have the mail in card. I only have the autograph leaf card and the autographed century card.

Dan
Old 08-19-2008
Veteran Member

ultimately, cards like everything else, are only worth what someone is willing to pay at the time you are willing to sell. someone else can look at that same card and think, "I will never even get a quarter for this card", and be happy when & if they do. Look at the 1993 ABCD winner going off on ebay right now. It books so low and yet everytime one comes up for sale, it goes thru the roof. At this point, Juans will continue to sell for above value on ebay (especially the rarer ones) as we do not have the selection we used to without newer cards being made. Eventually, many of the Juan collectors will move on to another player and the prices will go down. I saw all of this happen with rusty greer after he retired. Now there are just two or 3 collectors so most low #ed cards do not sell for near as much as they used to.

Chris <><
Old 08-19-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Rob,

Easy to understand. In 1996 card collecting was very active. Packs and boxes were opened. Cards like this were turned in. There are fewer mail in cards now available. I happen to have both of these.

I made the same mistake when I mailed in my 1996 Leaf mail in return for an autograph card. Now I still do not have the mail in card. I only have the autograph leaf card and the autographed century card.

Dan
this maybe true on some redemptions be not the 96 ultra they had to be redemed by 12-1-96 we 'some collectors at a local flea market! were still busting cases in 97 for packwars! we were getting these at $60 a case on the wholesale market.there was a lot printed! out of the 10 cases we busted we got 1 just 1 gold. the odds were 1/750 packs. we should have gotten 2-3. people stopped buying them retail because of this.thats why you could get them on the wholesale market later cheep! on the other hand the collectors choice crash the game of 97 & 98 you could get boxes retail for $19.99 right away! i would say about 95% of the instant win crash the game cards were mailed in. they were the same odds as the ultra but you got 36 packs per,the ultra were 24 a box. if an instant win comes on of Juan watch out! they are very rare.
Old 08-19-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 2084

Send a message via MSN to gonzologan Send a message via Yahoo to gonzologan

how do you tell if it was a mailed card or a redemtion card i have the gold medaillion one and i dont know which one it is i bought it from a local card shop that is no longer
Old 08-20-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

the back says redemption!you put your name and address etc.