Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 03-29-2012
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Chris,

Let's get real. You guys outbid me on a daily basis. The last time I was truly interested was the 4 Ted Williams auto cards and that was a long time ago. Even for the PSA cards, Rob regularly outbids me. As a small time collector with 538 cards I am happy with my little collection.

Dan
How much did the 4 TW autos bring? Did any of them have red ink?
Old 03-29-2012
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

I don’t really remember what I paid for each of the four Ted Williams autograph cards but I want to say around $500 each. I saw some go for a lot more than that especially when Will drove up the prices.
The more difficult cards to come by were the unnumbered Ted Williams cards. I have three of the four unnumbered cards. When I bought the unnumbered cards I started corresponding by email and then called the guy a couple of times. He had some very interesting stories. I actually believe he was the real deal and not fabricating BS. He was one of the people who flew to Puerto Rico to get Juan’s signature on the cards (both numbered and vault cards which were unnumbered). They did not bring an unlimited supply of cards as they were not expecting any problems. Stuff happens in life. The problem they had was when they got there, the ink would not stick. They freaked out because they were told specifically what pen to use. I don’t remember if he said they used the blue or the black ink first. This is why there are two colors for the 4 autograph cards. I saved the emails with him but I have not seen them around the house in several years. I could have tossed them.
I don’t mean any disrespect but I believe that your red card is a fake. Based on the conversations and emails I had with the guy the only colors used for the autograph were blue and black. That is why there was never a red card that ever showed up anywhere until your card popped up. This is only my opinion and others are free to believe what they want. Obviously I have no proof that that red card is fake nor am I implying that you created a fake card. I am not in the authenticating business. My opinion is that if the color red would have worked when they were there to get the signatures, they would have stayed with the red color and there would be a lot more red cards.
On the other hand, I only have 538 cards which nobody has ever seen so don't take my word for anything.
Old 03-30-2012
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6316

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Chris,

Let's get real. You guys outbid me on a daily basis. The last time I was truly interested was the 4 Ted Williams auto cards and that was a long time ago. Even for the PSA cards, Rob regularly outbids me. As a small time collector with 538 cards I am happy with my little collection.

Dan
you won the last 8