Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 01-13-2011
Rookie Member

Yeah, he's not right Nosterbor. You are definitely correct, ONLY the first 5 are autographed even though it's numbered to 25, he should know that. I bid on the same Will Clark one that the seller had, once again, first 5 autographed. You guys wanna guess what it sold for . . . . $427 300509929933

Not that it means anything, but I think the 2003 one looks nicer than the one for $374.95 anyway.
Old 01-13-2011

Cards: 2316

I'm sure that the seller has probably already heard from a few of the collectors on here already. Personally my offer would be nowhere near what he is asking so I wouldn't waste my time. Besides, I rather take that kind of money and go buy a game used jersey or a ton of stuff from the topps vault, or maybe do something charitable with it. I like the 1/1 card but I don't even have an interest in the starting 9 card at all.

Too many people on eBay think that every card they own is worth a small fortune. Some of these sellers are assinine.

I heard somewhere that ebay allows some sellers (like burbank) to relist their items for free. They do have to take the time to set up the initial auction, so the overall initial data entry has to be pretty tedious, but once it's in, they're done. I guess they figure they should list everything at some multiple of book value and just let it sit there. There must be enough people willing to overpay to sustain their strategy. The ridiculousness of it becomes even more apparent on the higher priced items.
Old 01-13-2011
Rookie Member

Hey guys. If by chance you know anyone in Texas or have some contacts with knowledge of one of those true early issued Will Clark 1/1's (2000 Ultra Masterpiece, 1998 Longevity Holographic, 1997 Mirror Black, 1999 Metal Gem Masters), I would buy the Gonzo for you and trade it even up for a Clark, just in case you knew of one.
Old 01-21-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Looks like Roberto hit the LOTTO again!
Old 01-21-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

i can't wait untill he springs for those BURBANK cards!
Old 01-21-2011
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Roberto,

I agree with you. Money talks and BS walks. If someone wants to pay and own a card they will. I pay $800 for a 1/2 tank of fuel so that I can spend $20 to take my wife out to lunch on the boat. I take the boat out almost every week. Not logical but that is what I enjoy and I really don't care what the price of fuel is or what anyone else thinks. Baseball cards are no different. The prices are not to high if someone wants the card. Card collectors are probabably a few french fries short of a Happy Meal anyway. The intrinsic value of a card has to be less than a penny a piece so there has to be more to it than just the cardboard and an insane price. It's a hobby. I like the few cards that I have but I do not have as many as most of you. Rob, a person is not a moron because they will or will not sell a card.

Dan
Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

you have a ship that has a 450+ gal gas tank? notice i said ship and not boat.WOW nice size Yacht! about a 35 footer+ nice!
Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Roberto,

I agree with you. Money talks and BS walks. If someone wants to pay and own a card they will. I pay $800 for a 1/2 tank of fuel so that I can spend $20 to take my wife out to lunch on the boat. I take the boat out almost every week. Not logical but that is what I enjoy and I really don't care what the price of fuel is or what anyone else thinks. Baseball cards are no different. The prices are not to high if someone wants the card. Card collectors are probabably a few french fries short of a Happy Meal anyway. The intrinsic value of a card has to be less than a penny a piece so there has to be more to it than just the cardboard and an insane price. It's a hobby. I like the few cards that I have but I do not have as many as most of you. Rob, a person is not a moron because they will or will not sell a card.

Dan
and also people buying cards.i guess they should not be called Morons. how about a fool and his money??????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%253D&viewitem=
Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

" I pay $800 for a 1/2 tank of fuel so that I can spend $20 to take my wife out to lunch on the boat."
are you walking ORRRRRRRR talking???????
take a wild guess of what i would call that. i bet you could not even come close!
Old 01-22-2011
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Rob, Send me your email and I will send you a picture so that you can get it out of your system. The boat is not that big and it only holds 256 gallons of fuel. The boat has radar, chartplotters, 2 gps's, epirb, water heater, stereo, TV, DVD, CD player, generator, head, galley, etc. I also have my Caribe dingy attached to the stern so you might as well start making fun of my dingy also. I already know that you cannot imagine people being happy. I love my wife and boat and we have a great time. Yes, I paid more for the boat than you have paid for all of your Juan Gonzalez cards put together. I really can imagine what you think of someone spending 225K cash on a used boat but that is actually not a lot of money for a quality boat. I could not afford to buy this boat new. That was the used boat price at the time I bought it in 2006. The boat is a 2003 model and I keep it in excellent condition because we go out to sea regularly. The boat has two Crusader 385 HP engines and I cruise at about 3,000 rpm which is about 22 knots or about 25 mph. I burn about 12 gallons per hour for each engine at cruise speed.