Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 09-11-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6318

Default 3700 club

we now have 4 collectors over 3700 different Juan Gonzalez cards! that is unbelievable! i would challenge any other player collectors with this many.i would say their are none as PASSIONATE as Juan collectors! i knew Chris had a great collection,and should join the 3700 rank also.all the collection's on this site are just amazing! even Dan with just 538 cards,has some Juans that we would never see,if not for Freddie creating this web site!
most the collectors here have one or more cards that i do not.i wish that Wil would put his collection on here! i know for a fact that he has most of the 2002 & 2003 emeralds and the 03 leaf limited #/5 cards.his collection would be Awesome! i say this to you all not in envy or jealousy, but with joyous jubilation.
Old 09-11-2008
Veteran Member

i have about 6 pages to go + the 2003 leaf jerseys #ed to 25 which may take a while as my list is labeled differently. I may not get to 2700. who knows Rob, with al your doubles, you may get me there yourself??
Old 09-12-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Chris,

I am still working in Texas. We are staying at the Gaylord Texan for an executive management meeting. Weird name for a fancy convention resort. I hopefully sent out my last email for work 5 minutes ago. Please correct me but were the leaf cards numbered to 25 more than just jerseys? I recall having a box full of the different cards numbered to 25 from the set. Some had jerseys, some bat, etc or am I thinking of a different set? I recall having about 25 different cards in the set numbered to X/25. It was expensive to get all of the serially numbered variations in the differnet colors. But what do I know.

Old 09-12-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Chris,

I am still working in Texas. We are staying at the Gaylord Texan for an executive management meeting. Weird name for a fancy convention resort. I hopefully sent out my last email for work 5 minutes ago. Please correct me but were the leaf cards numbered to 25 more than just jerseys? I recall having a box full of the different cards numbered to 25 from the set. Some had jerseys, some bat, etc or am I thinking of a different set? I recall having about 25 different cards in the set numbered to X/25. It was expensive to get all of the serially numbered variations in the differnet colors. But what do I know.

You know that Chris and I are about 40 minutes from you. I am in Ft. Worth and Chris is in south Dallas. Let us know if you want to get together.

Old 09-12-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 1049

Send a message via MSN to Rafferity

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
we now have 4 collectors over 3700 different Juan Gonzalez cards! that is unbelievable! i would challenge any other player collectors with this many.i would say their are none as PASSIONATE as Juan collectors! i knew Chris had a great collection,and should join the 3700 rank also.all the collection's on this site are just amazing! even Dan with just 538 cards,has some Juans that we would never see,if not for Freddie creating this web site!
most the collectors here have one or more cards that i do not.i wish that Wil would put his collection on here! i know for a fact that he has most of the 2002 & 2003 emeralds and the 03 leaf limited #/5 cards.his collection would be Awesome! i say this to you all not in envy or jealousy, but with joyous jubilation.

PASSIONATE?? You betcha!! I'm holding out on some of the high bidding, on eBay...I'm waiting on whoever is hoarding all the 2001 Absolute Home Run Souvenirs to post them. I know as soon as I put a chunk of $$$ down on a different card, they'll show up and I'll be stuck on just watching the Triple, Home Run and Auto version go right by me!!
Old 09-12-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6318

i have only seen 1 of each on ebay!you might wait 10 years if you are out bid on the next one! i am still waiting on the 98 collectors choice starquest home run #/100.never seen one!!! so it might be 20 years! you can not wait if a card comes on you want really really bad!
Old 09-12-2008
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

When the 2001 Absolute broke, all of Juan's cards were on eBay for a few months, including the Boss Hoggs, Homerun, and AU. I even bought the Tools of the Trade and Triple, I didn't spend too much on any single card so I didn't get any of the others. The only one that I don't think I saw was the Tools of the Trade AU.
Old 09-12-2008
Veteran Member

Cards: 1049

Send a message via MSN to Rafferity

True on waiting...I still try for a few of the high $$ ones, but I still like to be careful. Just in case,