Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 05-02-2012
Rookie Member

Cards: 212

Default Checking in...

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing alright and still collecting. I have been unable to continue working on my collection now for several years for several reasons, but I still love my cards and miss collecting very much. I just thought I would drop in and say hi.

As you may or may not know, my collection was about 98% funded by my dad (Charlie) since as I was about eight years old when we got started around 1994 or 1995. My dad was OK with investing the money that he shelled out for the cards because he looked at my collection as something that we could build the value of and eventually sell for a profit somewhere down the road. While other fathers and sons were out fishing, we spent time traveling coast to coast buying baseball cards, as well as wheeling and dealing on eBay, and we were both alright with that.

Around my sophomore year of high school or so, collecting took a backseat as I was concentrating more on playing high school ball. Then, ultimately, my car became my big investment outside of playing and, thus, collecting stopped.

So here we are a few years later and, obviously, the expected value of our collection didn't exactly pan out due to Juan's injuries and eventual PED allegations and our collection is worth nowhere near the money we spent on it. We were all hoping Juan would be in the Hall of Fame at some point, and that hope is all but lost.

I graduated college three years ago, but have fallen victim to the economy and still have not been able to lock down a full-time job. I would love to get back into collecting, but just do not have the funds to do so. This leaves me wavering on whether or not I should start unloading everything, though knowing the resale value will be disappointing and there probably are not as many people in the market. We shall see where that goes.

Anyway, you may have noticed I began listing some of my 1990 Donruss Aqueous Test cards on eBay (my first eBay auctions in about five years… wow, has it changed). I want to assure you, if I decide to sell one of my two Gonzalez Aqueous Test cards, you all will know about it. I check out these boards every once and awhile to make sure there is still some interest and it appears that may still be the case. It is also refreshing to know that so many of you all are still going. If I can one day, maybe I will be back in the mix.

Cheers,
Chad
Old 05-04-2012
Veteran Member

Cards: 2084

Send a message via MSN to gonzologan Send a message via Yahoo to gonzologan

ebay number? i dont see it....
Old 05-05-2012
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6316

ditto
Old 05-06-2012
Rookie Member

Cards: 212

Sorry, I meant I began listing my common Aqueous Test cards of other players.