Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 01-12-2011
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Default A little much for me...

If ayone bids on this they are an idiot!!

Also, I would think that selling a card for that high a price would garner a little higher quality scan or photo. What a terrible listing!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Flair-Showc...item4aa7c3ee47

Old 01-12-2011
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Here is another one from the same guy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-Fleer-Tradi...item4aa7c4057b

Old 01-12-2011

Cards: 2316

This is just simply insane. I just don't get it. It just amazes me at how many cards are listed on eBay at prices that will never be realized. I would think that, at some point, the sellers would actually want to sell cards, not just display them.
Old 01-12-2011
Veteran Member

he may have gotten $700 for the masterpiece back in 1997 - I once traded for two Flair 1/1 Greers from a guy asking $400 cash each. I ended up giving him almost $1000 book value in trade (this was in 1999).
The question is, what would you hit on these for? I would give $300 and $100, but thats pushing it in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2011
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I would do $150 for the 1/1 and $100 for the Starting 9 card.

Old 01-13-2011
Rookie Member

I wish a true early Will Clark 1/1 got listed for only $700. It would be snatched up in no time. As high as that is, that's when 1/1's mattered and would be a highlight to any collection. Don't you guys think it's worth at least $400 to $500??

I saw it listed and immediately came over here to see what you guys thought of it.
Old 01-13-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkfan View Post
I wish a true early Will Clark 1/1 got listed for only $700. It would be snatched up in no time. As high as that is, that's when 1/1's mattered and would be a highlight to any collection. Don't you guys think it's worth at least $400 to $500??

I saw it listed and immediately came over here to see what you guys thought of it.
I hate 1/1's whats the point of paying that kind of cash on 1 card? no one will ever complete all the 1/1's! i would rather spend 700 bucks on 5 numbered to 5 cards! the prime 9...well burbank has alot of numbered to 5 cards listed for 300. and they have been listed for years that way.and just sit! here are 3 more MORON sellers. i do not like name calling but, it is what it is,THE TRUTH!
http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-DIAMOND-KIN...item35ae9ad7be

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUAN-GONZALEZ-19...item5191c593ab

the other seller is Member id teawolves who has nothing for sale at the moment, wounder WHY!
if Juans cards were getting that kind of $$$ i would quit work and RETIRE!!!!
Old 01-13-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

It's funny , the prices are consider too high , however at the time to negotiate with the cards in hands of some of the collectors in this site $200.00 or 250.00 for secondary market cards #'d 1/1 or even some oddball stuff , they want you to believe it's the greatest deal , on the other hand you could be called an idiot if you bid on others people cards . Let's face it, they are expensive, but also the real deal ! Maybe they just want to show off their cards and put those prices so nobody bids on them , but if somebody does, then it's a great deal for them . Same as some of the collectors in this site , they said they will consider to sell their cards just to make everybody look into their collection , but when you make an offer they retract inmediately.

On your mark, get set, Go!
Old 01-13-2011
Rookie Member

Saw over on fcb that teawolves and snowmobiles are now tied to one another, that might explain why teawolves is no longer selling

I hope a 1997 or 1998 1/1 Clark gets listed 1 day (other than the Plates). $700 wouldn't be crazy at all b/c there are a lot of crazy Clark fans (including myself) to justify that price. A couple of years ago, a Starting Nine of Will sold for $300 as comparison to the Gonzo, so he's definitely stretching on that one.

I, unfortunately, would be the same as the seller. I'd probably want at least $400 for the Masterpiece and if I never sold it, it wouldn't hurt my feelings that much. That was made when 1/1's were actually cool and was THE CARD to pull.

One of you guys should at least see if he's willing to negotiate. He doesn't even sell cards that much. It definitely deserves to be in a different collection than his.
Old 01-13-2011
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Roberto just won this for $158
JUAN GONZALEZ LEAF CERTIFIED FOTG JERSEY AUTO 1/5
the card is serial number 1/25 the first 5 autographed!
i offered the guy selling the Item title 2003 LIMITED GAME-USED BAT AUTO JUAN GONZALEZ #1/5 1 - Buy It Now price:US $374.99
Best offer price is for the item(s) only.
numbered to 5 $150.
with a link to Roberto's win.
his reply was
"US $300.00Seller's terms:
The info on the item you sent me was /25 produced so my item is five times more rare and you try to offer me less. Take a closer look at what you sent me it was over $158 paid for a /25 produced card that is not very pretty like this one. $300 FIRM
like i said M O R O N!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nosterbor; 01-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.