Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Trade / Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Trade / Sale Please only list Juan Gonzalez cards here. You can also post "Wanted" cards. Please use the FS, FT, and WTB prefixes on your thread title.

Old 09-24-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor19 View Post
I realize many people collect different ways and for different reasons. But as a collector, I could never understand how collectors would spend hundreds of dollars on a baseball card, but would pass on buying a piece of game used memorabilia from their favorite player. A piece that their favorite player wore during an official baseball game.

As a collector, wouldn't you also like to have a piece of game used memorabilia from your favorite player, to add to your collection of baseball cards?

Your thoughts?

Regards, Tony
unless you have it on VIDEO receving the game used item from that player,and having him put a special mark on that item,it is not game used to me! and even then!you can have all the certs in the world from even the Pope! and it would not mean any thing to me.how many bats does a player use in a season? 5-6 at the most so a great player will use less than 100 bats in a life time! there are 1000'S of Juan bats out there! and by the way batting practice is not game used! nor is spring training! even if Juan came up to me and gave me a pair of cleats he said he used in a game,well? he would have to have done it coming off the field in a game! so you see GAME USED is very cagey to me! just like the game used cards and bats. are they really!?
Old 09-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 538 View Post
Tony,

I am interested in buying the items. Please send me an email with the detail and I will send you a m oney order.Thanks

Dan Schiff
Hey Dan,

It's been a long time! Hope I find you doing well. I'm waiting to hear back from Juanfan19. If he decides he's not interested, they're all yours.

I will let you know as soon as I hear from him.

Regards, Tony
Old 09-25-2009
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Tony,

I still take the boat out almost every week. I have a Tiara 3100. We have better weather than the East Coast. My wife and I took the boat to San Diego a few weeks ago. What a great city and a great place to take the boat. Sorry that you lost interest in collecting Juan items. You do have some interesting items. Does Sochi's still have a lot of his stuff or did they also purge inventory? I still like the guy even though you were right and called his career was over earlier than anyone I know. Although Becket and Sports Collectors Digest make it appear that Juan cards are not worth more than a common card the guys on this site still drive up the cost beyond any value recorded in the books. Most of the newbies on this site do not have a clue that you were one of the first collectors early in the game. I started collecting him around 1990 and I know that you were way ahead of me. I still wish that he would have hit 500 HR. You can still email me at danschiff@adelphia.net

Dan
Old 09-28-2009

Items sold.
Old 09-28-2009

Quote:
Tony,

I am interested in buying the items. Please send me an email with the detail and I will send you a m oney order.Thanks

Dan Schiff
Dan,

I'm sorry, but Juanfan19 made the first offer to buy them. Getting past a misunderstanding, we worked it out and he bought the items.

Not sure if you only collect cards, but I have this piece left. I personally took this picture of Juan myself in 1993 at Baltimore (have the negatives) and Juan signed the picture. Comes framed.

Regards, Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Juan Gonzalez 010.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Juan Gonzalez 0077.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Juan Gonzalez 0088.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1366  
Old 09-29-2009
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Tony,

Thanks for the offer but I still collect just the cards.

Dan
Old 10-01-2009
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

Quote:
Tony,

I still take the boat out almost every week. I have a Tiara 3100. We have better weather than the East Coast. My wife and I took the boat to San Diego a few weeks ago. What a great city and a great place to take the boat. Sorry that you lost interest in collecting Juan items. You do have some interesting items. Does Sochi's still have a lot of his stuff or did they also purge inventory? I still like the guy even though you were right and called his career was over earlier than anyone I know. Although Becket and Sports Collectors Digest make it appear that Juan cards are not worth more than a common card the guys on this site still drive up the cost beyond any value recorded in the books. Most of the newbies on this site do not have a clue that you were one of the first collectors early in the game. I started collecting him around 1990 and I know that you were way ahead of me. I still wish that he would have hit 500 HR. You can still email me at danschiff@adelphia.net

Dan
I have a Tiara 3100. open mouth insert foot! SNOB!We have better weather than the East Coast. man oh man!

Last edited by nosterbor; 10-01-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2009

I would like to say that if Jacob (Juanfan19) was the last person on earth, I wouldn't deal with him again.

I ended up selling the items to Jacob. As I do with all auctions, I follow up to ensure the items were received and the buyer is satisifed. I even send the items "Priority Mail" which cost me $7 in postage. Could have easily sent them first class.

Jacob ignored every email I sent him, since he received the items.

I could have easily just sold the items to Dan Schiff, but felt since Jacob asked first, selling to Jacob I felt was the right thing to do. Even after he bashed me in this forum.

Well, obviously I was wrong!

Regards, Tony
Old 10-22-2009
Veteran Member

hopefully, you at least got the money?
Old 10-22-2009
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabee1 View Post
hopefully, you at least got the money?
I did respond. check your spam folder Tony. Thanks for the items.