Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 11-20-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Default Collection Storage

I was just curious how everyone stores their colections??
  • I keep most of my cards in 6 stuffed binders grouped by manufacturer and in sequential order. I like keeping the cards in binders because they are easy for me to peruse that way. I love just thumbing through a binder.
  • I have every game used/autographed card in a Pro Mold one-screw holder. (Yes that is expensive) They all fit nicely in two 3000 count boxes.
  • I also keep a few rare gems in screwdowns like 1 of 1s and very low serial numbered stuff
  • All of the oddball stuff like pins, bobbleheads, etc. are in a box. Some stuff is on display in my son's room.
  • My dad and I build a very nice oak display case where I rotate in different cards that I like.
http://www.freewebs.com/gonzaleznut/...onpictures.htm
Old 11-20-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I know that Rob (nosterbor) keeps his massive collection in 5000 count boxes. He has close to 30 of them...stuffed!! Every card is in a penny sleeve and topload. Almost 30,000 total cards are in year order alphabatized by manufacturer just like a list. He does have some cards in screwdowns, but not many.

I would not like it his way because it would be very difficult to find anything and you couldn't really look at anything conveniently.
Old 11-21-2006
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

I keep my cards in top loaders, ordered in the same exact way that they are on the list. This allows me to find a card quickly. I do miss being able to quickly look at cards quickly as you can with the pages. I have all of the non card items in a display case, which you can see some older pictures of here:

http://juangonzalez.vintagegaming.or...ight=bobble%2A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1712.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	178   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1711.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	179  
Old 11-22-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

A boring picture but it gives about 2000 cards to look at within arms reach of my desk!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	181  
Old 11-22-2006
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
I keep my cards in top loaders, ordered in the same exact way that they are on the list. This allows me to find a card quickly. I do miss being able to quickly look at cards quickly as you can with the pages. I have all of the non card items in a display case, which you can see some older pictures of here:

http://juangonzalez.vintagegaming.or...ight=bobble%2A

How do you store the top loaders Freddie?
Old 11-22-2006
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

In the standard white cardboard boxes, just oversized for top loaders. I don't know how many cards they hold but my 2000+ cards are taking up three of them now.
Old 11-29-2006
Rookie Member

Cards: 212

My cards are all in soft sleeves and top loaders... all of my 1 of 1's are graded... many other game/auto cards are in screw cases. At my old house we had a 2000 pound flame proof safe with trays that the cards fit in perfectly. Now, however, the cards are still in the trays but in my closet until I can find time to get something organized at the new house.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	safe.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	183  
Old 12-03-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

This was a great thread. I would love to hear the collection storage techniques of some of the newer members.

Old 12-03-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6383

I store my collection as it is listed here with every card in a penny sleeve and top loader or a single screw screwdown in the 2400 ct(i think 2400) boxes that hold toploaders very easily...I'm currently using 6 of those boxes for the collection I have listed...all my dupes are kinda just thrown together except the game used cards.I got my whole collection on a card table right next to the pc so I got easy access to it and yes I look through a least a part of it everyday...

Kevin
Old 12-04-2007
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

I keep two binders with the 1987-1996 cards in the safe. A dealer told me that the binders should be stored flat and not vertical. I have all of the good cards in penny sleeves and holders. I have graded cards limited cards and autograph cards in the safe. I am out of room in the safe. I have other stuff in drawers, cabinets, dresser. There is stuff all over the house. When I croak, I am sure that you guys could get this stuff cheap from my wife. We have a don't ask, don't tell. I keep telling her that there is nothing in my collection worth more than a dollar. She says, sure but if we ever get divorces she is taking every other card in my collection! She keeps wanting to know why any of the cards are in the safe if they are only worth a dollar? Any of you have a good answer?