Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 02-20-2010
Rookie Member

Exclamation Juan Playing RF for Puerto Rican Baseball Federation

Anybody know anything about this? I'm not fluent in Spanish at all.

http://www.primerahora.com/diario/no...o-melao/367400
Old 02-20-2010
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Yeah, Juan is going to play DH.

Juan owns the team by the way.

Old 02-20-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

Basically the same I posted in the chit chat thread (below).
http://www.juangone.com/showthread.php?p=5648#post5648

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanGone View Post
Anybody know anything about this? I'm not fluent in Spanish at all.

http://www.primerahora.com/diario/no...o-melao/367400
Old 02-20-2010
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Hey Roberto, are you going to be able to see him play? Is he doing good so far? How can we get our hand on any cards or giveaways they might do with Juan on them??

Old 02-21-2010
Rookie Member

cool thanks for the info. is it like a legit minor league team that could be found on minorleaguebaseball.com or is it like a private/independent league or what?
Old 02-21-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

I'll certainly be able to see him play, he had a great season in the minor league. The double a league of Puerto Rico does not produce many cards however they do make a lot of promotion through their sponsors, so whatever they do I'll try to get it in enough amount to supply you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaleznut View Post
Hey Roberto, are you going to be able to see him play? Is he doing good so far? How can we get our hand on any cards or giveaways they might do with Juan on them??
Old 02-23-2010
Rookie Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanGone View Post
cool thanks for the info. is it like a legit minor league team that could be found on minorleaguebaseball.com or is it like a private/independent league or what?
So I'm guessing that this is just kind of for fun, and not really a comeback attempt?
Old 02-23-2010
Veteran Member

Cards: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelith View Post
I'll certainly be able to see him play, he had a great season in the minor league. The double a league of Puerto Rico does not produce many cards however they do make a lot of promotion through their sponsors, so whatever they do I'll try to get it in enough amount to supply you guys!
man I'd love to get something recent of his, esp a PR card, that would be awesome. I'd gladly pay for that or trade.

Here is my lame attempt at translation....

It touched "Igor" with the Melao-Melao Wednesday, February 17, 2010 03:56 p.m. Alex Figueroa Partition /
First Hour

Low fertile plain.- The former player of Big Leagues Juan "Igor" González ruled out to return to the professional baseball and was shown touched with its new phase in the sport that impassions upon dressing the uniform of the Melao-Melao of Low fertile plain for the season from 2010 of the Double ball A.

The two winning times of the prize to the most Valuable Player of the American League will be the gardener right and fourth bat of the Melo-Melao of his hometown.

"I am happy and proud to dress the colors of my town Low fertile plain. I signed as well young professional and I could not play Double A. I Thank the opportunity that give the professionals to play in the Double one TO", I expressed González.

González tried to return to the Greater by last time in 2005, but desisted after a wound in the hamstring. Then it played in the winter league in the season of 2008-2009. Finally, in 2009 reappeared with The Peanut of Mayagüez in the Class TO of Puerto Rico.

For González should not cause surprise that be going to play in the enthusiastic baseball after to have passed by the highest level.

"This runs in my blood. Since small this has been my passion. Although I was in the best baseball, this is my town and my people", maintained. "The level of the Double baseball TO has risen a lot. Is more competitive. There are launchers that could be professionals".

"Many worry by what play in the Double one TO or in the Class A. This is that which is mine, what i like to do", added González, who also praised the step of other former grandesligas that have returned to play Double TO, like the José Vidro. "It gives more color to the tournament. Many are thinking that does this people here playing. Therefore, in my case, is a hobbie to entertain me. I do not do anything more. But thus all we put a granite so that the Double baseball TO be more competitive".

Likewise, it ruled out that play again in the puerto rican professional league. "I am not going to play more winter. Already God gave me the opportunity to play as the professional. Every athlete and human Being has to know when has to be gone", added González, who did not know to say to when will continue assets.

On the other hand, said that itself is not despaired before its eligibility to enter to the Hall of the Fame of the Big Leagues in Cooperstown from January of 2011.

"All in the life is time. I am in the list of 2011. If it is not in 2011, after remove certain quantity of votes that can continue expecting various years, at any moment I can enter to the Hall of the fame", indicated González.

"Everyone wants to enter the first year. But they look at the case of our Roberto Alomar", added. "I know that is going to enter next year. It hurt me, because to part to be a gentleman and a good one human Being, inside the lines was the best second base of the planet. But already we see that is question of time".

Also it said to be available in the event that they invite it pair to form part of the National Team for the central american Play and of the Caribbean of 2010 in Mayagüez.

"It cannot be ruled out and more when is in your house. That is a pride for one. But barely is going to begin the Double baseball A. Already we will see what even for the summer", affirmed.

The Melao Melao inaugurates this Friday in Low fertile plain against the Flowerpots of High fertile plain to the 8:00 at night.
Old 02-23-2010
Veteran Member

Cards: 1049

Send a message via MSN to Rafferity

It's great to hear he's playing...
Old 02-24-2010
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

hmmm a gardener on the fertile plain..