Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 10-16-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6326

Roberto! you are beating a very dead horse that has be degrading on the ground for 8 months,and is no more than bleached bones!that was the last time i asked for all of those to be added! if it is not theirs,it will not be added!

THE POWERS
THAT BE!
Old 10-17-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

My opinion on cut out panels has been expressed many times. In this auction, 190257618442, the seller even says its a cut out from a sheet yet calls it a proof. So isn't the sheet the actually proof and cutting the card out is nothing more then a cut out. I have many of these but have them under miscellaneous collectibles. They are great things to have but nothing more then having a glove, shirt or paints card of different colors or a hand autographed card. I don't have a problem listing them under odd ball as panel cards or oversize card but I think we are misleading collectors into thinking it is the same as the proofs that are listed that were designed to be a solo individual card proof.

It's only my opinion. I removed my magazine cut outs, Legends, Ballstreet and such from my personal list and added them to my Misc list as everyone convinced me that they shouldn't be with them. But then to see other cut outs added did frustrate me especially the using the name "proof" with them. My personal list has them as "panels". I do list the different variation of cards as we do here but call them what they are "misfits". Unless I find that there were more then one made.

I lost my mother-in-law recently and with my wife being one of fourteen children it's pretty hectic around here. She was a huge Phillies fan and I'm sure at 82 she isn't in their outfield but I expect she's rooting them on in some pretty good seats. She was a saint in my eyes and I will miss her dearly. I rebuilt her home three times in nine years from river floods and had the pleasure of her living with us doing those times. Time heals I know and expect things to get back to normal after those stupid Phillies win the WS

Jonas
Old 10-17-2008
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

First of all, I am in the investments world and, needless to say, I have been a little busy. It is not a huge priority for me to come home after a shitty day and add cards to the list that I think are totally crap!! I 100% agree with Jonas. ALL of these are simply cards cut from a sheet and called "proofs". Prove to me that it was an actual part of the printing process by card manufacturers and I will happily add them.

By the way, I spilled beer on a double of a 1992 Topps card. I think that should be added as a variation. Hell, it should be on the 1 of 1 list because I don't think anyone else could get the stain to look exactly the way I have it.

Old 10-17-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

I'm totally agree:
1- They are cut offs from a sheet, I've just receive a 199? Topps Stadium Club Members Only Ring Leaders Uncut of Juan Gonzalez that shows 3/4 of an inch more of the design, than the insert card. It is great to see the whole image, but that does not mean it is a proof card, in my opinion.
2- Maybe we should add them on the oddball list, or add a miscellanius list. I personally would take them out of the regular card list.
3- It is not right to have some listed and some not listed.
4- I suggest to remove the sample cards from the 1/1 list also, I think they should be list as that, samples. It's been proven that exist more than one of some of them!

Ps. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss , specially when you have such a good relationship with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt111 View Post
My opinion on cut out panels has been expressed many times. In this auction, 190257618442, the seller even says its a cut out from a sheet yet calls it a proof. So isn't the sheet the actually proof and cutting the card out is nothing more then a cut out. I have many of these but have them under miscellaneous collectibles. They are great things to have but nothing more then having a glove, shirt or paints card of different colors or a hand autographed card. I don't have a problem listing them under odd ball as panel cards or oversize card but I think we are misleading collectors into thinking it is the same as the proofs that are listed that were designed to be a solo individual card proof.

It's only my opinion. I removed my magazine cut outs, Legends, Ballstreet and such from my personal list and added them to my Misc list as everyone convinced me that they shouldn't be with them. But then to see other cut outs added did frustrate me especially the using the name "proof" with them. My personal list has them as "panels". I do list the different variation of cards as we do here but call them what they are "misfits". Unless I find that there were more then one made.

I lost my mother-in-law recently and with my wife being one of fourteen children it's pretty hectic around here. She was a huge Phillies fan and I'm sure at 82 she isn't in their outfield but I expect she's rooting them on in some pretty good seats. She was a saint in my eyes and I will miss her dearly. I rebuilt her home three times in nine years from river floods and had the pleasure of her living with us doing those times. Time heals I know and expect things to get back to normal after those stupid Phillies win the WS

Jonas
Old 10-17-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:

Jonas
sorry for the bad loss you have suffered!
Old 10-17-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaleznut View Post
First of all, I am in the investments world and, needless to say, I have been a little busy. It is not a huge priority for me to come home after a shitty day and add cards to the list that I think are totally crap!! I 100% agree with Jonas. ALL of these are simply cards cut from a sheet and called "proofs". Prove to me that it was an actual part of the printing process by card manufacturers and I will happily add them.

By the way, I spilled beer on a double of a 1992 Topps card. I think that should be added as a variation. Hell, it should be on the 1 of 1 list because I don't think anyone else could get the stain to look exactly the way I have it.
are you sure it is 2 t's and not 1?sorry about your 2-t or is it a 1 t day however they should have let it crash! 700 billion and it is still dumping! the gov should mind their own.and keep out of every one else's! it is their prob in the 1st place! go after the MORONS who took out the loans in the first place,when they knew they could not afford them after the rate adjusted! do they not know what adjustable rate is?? it just tee's me off!garnish their wages untill the thing is paid off! how can you buy a house on wellfair? way to go dems!!!!!

Last edited by nosterbor; 10-17-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: correct
Old 10-22-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Jonas the Sunoco card already exist in the list, but there is no picture of the card, also I've add the Donruss Crusade Red and a 1992 error card. Could you please add those pictures?
Thank you in advance.
Roberto.

Quote:
#3 93 Topps Gold card added and pictured applied, #4 and #5 Bowman's Best card added and pictures applied as well as #10 and #11 scans replaced the ones that were on the 97 Studio card. So the only thing I see different is no number on back where the 1111/2000 is on the normal card and the front has silver foil and not gold. Is that correct?

The cut outs..... I mean over size ...... I mean proofs, still need to be added. As I said in the past I haven't been convinced that I couldn't make one if I had the sheet. But great additions to a collection either way, just like unauthorized autographed cards.

Thanks for sharing,
Jonas
Old 10-23-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6383

Wow...The Crusade red is an awesome card!!!

Kevin
Old 10-23-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

where is it?
Old 10-23-2008
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

2nd. page of this thread, with the rest of the pictures I posted and have not been added yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
where is it?