Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Trade / Sale

Trade / Sale Please only list Juan Gonzalez cards here. You can also post "Wanted" cards. Please use the FS, FT, and WTB prefixes on your thread title.

Old 10-29-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6318

Default Trade

i would like to thank Chris for the 1997 Minyards Magney Juan Gonzalez trade. nice item. i hope you enjoy the arm & leg i sent in return. i have one arm and leg left if you want another trade!!!!

Last edited by nosterbor; 10-30-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-29-2010
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

Knowing Chris, I am surprised that it did not cost you a different part of your anatomy.

Old 10-30-2010
Veteran Member

you are welcome - but lets recap - you got an item that has gone unseen for 13 years and had to give up 5 cards that you have 5 or 6 each of that sell for $0.99 each on ebay when they come up for sale. I appreciate the trade, but still think it was fair. If you go by book value, yes it was to my advantage, but by wow factor and coolness, you would have made that trade anyday of the week. They are just duplicates and a Hank Blalock you just bought to tick me off anyways.
Old 11-01-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabee1 View Post
you are welcome - but lets recap - you got an item that has gone unseen for 13 years and had to give up 5 cards that you have 5 or 6 each of that sell for $0.99 each on ebay when they come up for sale. I appreciate the trade, but still think it was fair. If you go by book value, yes it was to my advantage, but by wow factor and coolness, you would have made that trade anyday of the week. They are just duplicates and a Hank Blalock you just bought to tick me off anyways.
when i got it well like the song goes
that don't impress me much! i pitched it on my desk and thought to myself. YOU DUMB ASS! now they will come out of the wood work like this one #55 1997 Studio Portrait Collection i know you remember that one how rare they were, never seen in 12 years,remember HUMMMMM?
you got these
2005 Diamond Kings Materials Silver #114 Juan Gonzalez Bat-Jsy/100
2004 Donruss World Series Material Bat #88 Juan Gonzalez/100
2004 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Position #170 Juan Gonzalez Rgr Jsy/100
2004 Playoff Prestige Changing Stripes Dual Jersey #15 Juan Gonzalez Indians-Rangers/150
2003 Topps Tribute Contemporary Milestone Materials Relics #JG1 Juan Gonzalez Indians Bat
this is the only one i see going for .99 on ebay + 3 bucks shipping is this one 2004 Playoff Prestige Changing Stripes Dual Jersey #15 Juan Gonzalez Indians-Rangers/150

lets also recap a recap. i bid on all the above cards 99.8% of the time. as it is with all your trades,what you have is the greatest and what the other guy has is 99 cent crap! good luck getting any more 99 cent crap from me IT WON'T HAPPEN again
Old 11-02-2010
Veteran Member

WHY THE HOSTILITY? You emailed me about the magnet.... you offered the cards. I accepted and you sent the cards and I sent the magnet? I NEVER emailed you or asked you if you wanted this. You asked me what I wanted and I asked you to put together a package. And yes, al 5 of those would sell for opening bid if you did not bid on them. I just won a 1998 Preferred Platinum Die Cut for $1.30. The next time it comes up, you will probably win it for $0.99 cents as nobody else will bid on it. The one before that sold for over $10 as I wanted it. You now get all the rest for nothing. Its what we keep trying to tell you. You are driving all these cards up. If there are 50, 100 or more, let one or 2 go and then once everyone who wants it (5 of us) has one, the rest sell for nothing. Anyone of the cards that you just traded me are now going to sell for opening bid as everyone on our list has 1. I am sure not gonna bid on them again.
Old 11-03-2010
Veteran Member

Cards: 630

The way I learned it is that you have an offer and acceptance. Assuming that everyone is of the age of majority, if you have an offer and acceptance with bargained for consideration you have a contract. If the terms and conditions are not acceptable the parties walk away and the contract is not consumated. Why the attitude after the contract is concluded? Neither one of you is so poor that this petty anty exchange is going to bankrupt you or cause permenant damage to your financial well being. I don't see where one party took advantage of the other party. Don't worry,be happy! You two kids need to kiss and make up.
Old 11-03-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabee1 View Post
WHY THE HOSTILITY? You emailed me about the magnet.... you offered the cards. I accepted and you sent the cards and I sent the magnet? I NEVER emailed you or asked you if you wanted this. You asked me what I wanted and I asked you to put together a package. And yes, al 5 of those would sell for opening bid if you did not bid on them. I just won a 1998 Preferred Platinum Die Cut for $1.30. The next time it comes up, you will probably win it for $0.99 cents as nobody else will bid on it. The one before that sold for over $10 as I wanted it. You now get all the rest for nothing. Its what we keep trying to tell you. You are driving all these cards up. If there are 50, 100 or more, let one or 2 go and then once everyone who wants it (5 of us) has one, the rest sell for nothing. Anyone of the cards that you just traded me are now going to sell for opening bid as everyone on our list has 1. I am sure not gonna bid on them again.
REALLY!
this is what i emailed you
where did you find that? AWESOME
http://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=96270

this was your responce

Originally Posted by mcabee1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosterbor
where did you find that? AWESOME
http://juangone.com/pictures.php?cardid=96270

I have my sources - why dont you send me a couple of blalock plates for my extra one?

my responce to that

already traded them for Juans.i may have 1 left.

your responce

Originally Posted by mcabee1
1 blalock plate and any 5 juan jersey or bat cards that I dont have

how does it seem i emailed you about a trade. i just asked where you got it. sooo i asked you for a trade? and you NEVER asked me if i wanted it? sorry for the mix up. it is over and done with.

as far as jacking up the price, look at my bids.thay are all in the last 5 sec of the auction. and have been for a loooooong time! 2 years+. i see it, i want it, i snipe it. and forget about it. that is the max i will go. most of my snipes do not take "bid too low" i sniped the 99 ionx at $71 bid tooo low.

Last edited by nosterbor; 11-03-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2010
Veteran Member

yes - you emailed me and I asked for some cards that you bid on (Hank Blalocks) to get just to tick me off. Nobody put a gun to your head. If you didnt want the magnet, why did you send me the cards? Stop PMSing a grow up. You have something of Juan that only 3 other on the site have. Its an item that has not shown up in 13 years of searching and may never again?? Then again, maybe it will and there will hundreds and you overpaid to get it??? Thats the price you pay when you have to have everything and all the extras. YOU overpay daily for stuff and will continue to do so. And we will have to hear you moan about it afterwords because that is who you are.
Old 11-05-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

ok, whatever