Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 07-09-2010
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

Default Should they be on the list?

Thought it would be a good time to bring up a question about these Famous Fabric cards. If Juan has one, which he does, why wouldn’t it be listed on the oddball list? He’s not going to get many, if any, new collectables. I’ve read about them in Beckett so they certainly are a collectable and they made very few, 400 boxes with 10 cards in a box. I know giving a chance I would purchase all that I could afford of Juan’s. I know they are not a licensed product of baseball and Canadian made.

Jonas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010front.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1518   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010back.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1519  
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member

no pic of him - it should not be on here
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6325

it was on a post months ago, and it was no. also no non license product should be on here!!!!! there are alot in the oddball list that should not be here.

Last edited by nosterbor; 07-10-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 5041

I think like Freddie, If it's Juan's it could be on the oddball list. It won't harm anybody, on the contrary it would make this a better site. It does exist and people have the right to know it, and see it! We are not talking about a Pinto with a graffitti on the door of Juan's name...
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6383

I agree with Roberto if its Juan's it should be here whether there is a pic or no pic...however in my opinion the will clark, julio franco, and all others like that do not belong they are not Juan's..as always whatever everyone here decides is fine by me...also remember the two tiger wheel minivans? they are Juan's not will clark's with Juan in background...again just stating an opinion...

Kevin
Old 07-10-2010
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

I see it now must of missed it somehow, sorry for not bringing it back up in that thread. If no one plans to add this to their collection, other then me, it would serve no purpose to add it. If there is interest maybe even down the road then there would be. I'm assuming that Mike wouldn't want it added so we are stalemated at this time.

Jonas

Last edited by jjt111; 07-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2010
Administrator

Cards: 1

Send a message via ICQ to freddie Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie

It should be on the list. Look at some of that older stuff on the oddball list, the bookmarks, the watches, the "tri cards" thing. If I still collected, I would have added it to the list, but since I don't, I leave it up to you.
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

so do we start adding this junk also? what is the difference? maybe i should start my own company and cut up the bat,ball and jersey's i have and add a card send them in to psa and call it the Nosterbor Collection! come on! PSA will grade ANYTHING!!!!!!! just like the Signature Collection! THEY DO NOT BELONG!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!Bwin4UQ!mk~$(KGrHqYOKkIEwQNZwOpIBMJdHYz6,g~~_35.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1520  
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6383

Rob, I knew that one was coming...lol...see those all the time on ebay...do you got one?I don't!!

Kevin
Old 07-10-2010
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
It should be on the list. Look at some of that older stuff on the oddball list, the bookmarks, the watches, the "tri cards" thing. If I still collected, I would have added it to the list, but since I don't, I leave it up to you.
Look at the back of the book marks, it has both license's it is an officially license product of major league baseball and the baseball players association.if a card or product does not have either or both it does not belong.it goes wayyyyyy back to one of my rants. i did not want the oddball list to begin with, alot lot of the junk would be put on! BUT, alot of the stuff is licensed so that is ok. NOT THE ONES WE ARE TALKING ABOUT! like all the brouder cards! they do not belong! like the one with Roberto Clemente on it. that company was SUED!!!!!!! they are junk to me. they do not belong!!!!!! i had them but they were not even on my master list. sooooo i said to myself if you cant beat them join them! so i added them to this list NOT MINE! and did you see what that PSA graded sig with Juans pick on it sold for? (90 bucks by DAN!!!!!) boy ohhhhhh boy! to each his own. by the way Dan, i have some land in Baghdad i would like to sell ya!

Last edited by nosterbor; 07-10-2010 at 05:51 PM.