Juan Gonzalez Juan Gonzalez Online Juan Gonzalez
Forum Bio Stats Pictures Articles Links Collecting
corner   corner

Go Back   Juan Gonzalez Online > Player Discussion > Juan Gonzalez
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Juan Gonzalez News, stories, collecting, anything about Juan.

Old 08-08-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 3142

OK, they made 552 of them, the Bonds card goes for 95+, the Thome for 40 and Piazza for 31. Now Dr Beckett says that these are way over priced. Bonds 15 - 40, Thome 4 - 10, Piazza 10 - 25. Now the Juan that is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Topps-Herit...QQcmdZViewItem

is at 25+ and that is 3 - 8. Now hopefully Rob got his before the price increase but I think someone knows something about the print run that isn't true! What do you think........ not just set builders neither, so don't go there.
Old 08-08-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Cards: 20

Actually, Rob got his pretty recently. There are a couple of cards that I have never understood the market on...one is this card you are talking about. Another card that always trades well above book value is the 2002 Topps Heart of the Order Relics card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt111 View Post
OK, they made 552 of them, the Bonds card goes for 95+, the Thome for 40 and Piazza for 31. Now Dr Beckett says that these are way over priced. Bonds 15 - 40, Thome 4 - 10, Piazza 10 - 25. Now the Juan that is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Topps-Herit...QQcmdZViewItem

is at 25+ and that is 3 - 8. Now hopefully Rob got his before the price increase but I think someone knows something about the print run that isn't true! What do you think........ not just set builders neither, so don't go there.

Last edited by Gonzaleznut; 08-08-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2007
Veteran Member
Contributing Member

Cards: 6327

want to talk about over priced? wait about 5 years when a-rod has 700 hr. the 94 collectors choice series 2 are impossible to find!! i tried to put together the silver set still missing 15 from series 2, juan has 2 cards in it. boxes were dried up in 95 you can still get series 1 now.the reason? 1994 players strike!! i was told by a big card shop in elgin il, where i lived, that he could not get me any more series 2 from u.d. because they stopped printing in july of the strike year! i beleve this to be very true! will they be over priced? maybe not! how many gold sigs #630&633 do you see on ebay? just wait!
Old 08-09-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Does anyone know jdroopyj? I see him bid on Gonzo items randomly. He seems to go through spurts. Also, why hasn't Wil (aircorp42k) joined our little fraternity?

Has anyone invited either of them to join?

Old 08-09-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

This 2001 Topps Heritage auction is fun. I really don't want to win the auction at this price but I seen this collector has spent between 40 - 50 on most of his recent Heritage purchase. So why not have him spend that much on Juan's Heritage card. I know I'm being bad and hope no one here was hoping to scoop this up last minute cheap. This will bring other Juan heritages out on ebay if they are out there.
Old 08-09-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Rob,

I'm a closet Arod collector. I have seen him play a few times and he seems to be in the game the whole time and if healthy, will have the best stats in many areas. Not a Yankee fan but the stadium club has great food and it gives you a cool feeling sitting ware so much history has been made. Don't mind watching the Met's either but it is a late night between the subway ride and the 3/4 hour that I'm away from my favorite parking spot on 44th street next to www.carminesnyc.com where between the food and sangria you are forced to take the #7 subway to the game.
Old 08-13-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Just when I max my budget for the month someone desides to dump some cool cards on ebay. Looks tough to get a card between Rob, Roberto and Wil anyway so maybe its a blessing.
Old 08-13-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt111 View Post
Just when I max my budget for the month someone desides to dump some cool cards on ebay. Looks tough to get a card between Rob, Roberto and Wil anyway so maybe its a blessing.
Dont' forget about this new shakingitup guy who is paying crazy prices for cards and outbidding me on almost anything I bid on.

Old 08-13-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

He's a good guy, just has more money then you need. I hear from him once in awhile. He said he was aware of this site and I even tried to sign him in but he never has the time he says to come on. Lives about 30 miles from me but I have never been there. Hear that Rich(shakingitup), you don't invite me to come and Mike thinks your crazy! Had to say that to see if he does ever come here. I think he has like 50 different user names. I got him started on Ebay years ago. He's a big Phillies fan but means as they are nothing but losers I think he buys Juan to bust my chops. He said he had over 10,000 Juans but he has never put them in a list!
Old 08-13-2007
Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I couldn't control myself. I'll work with September's money!